Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toktorov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 03:07 AM
    About F1 status
    I have changed my J1 status to F1 in 2009. Since than I am studying here, in USA.
    Due to political and economical crisis in our country, my parents can not support me for a long time. The situation became more serious after the local war in the region where I am from.
    I have read that after first year in F1 student status, I am allowed to apply for employment authorization on Form I538 based on financial needs arising after receiving student status.

What is the possibility of getting the work authorization in my case?

Thank you for your answers.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jan 20, 2011, 07:11 AM

It will depend on the country conditions and how well you can document the changed conditions. You must discuss with your DSO/FSA, as they are allowed to approve work authorization, usually on-campus employment. Remember, that even with the EAD, you must still maintain a full course load, unless otherwise approved by the DSO/FSA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not have a Status Disk 1 to find the status.mis file [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I uninstalled printer software because I wasn't using it anymore as I bought a new one. After that I got an error that "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Status' and click OK. Use Source: 1 but I don't have a...

Chaning status from F1-H1B and maintaining F1 Status. [ 9 Answers ]

I got my H1B approved through a Company and Currently I'M on F1 Visa doing my MS , I have a Gap of 20 days between my F1 and H1B ,please find the details below. By May end I would be completeing my second semester and have to register for 3rd Semester (Fall Semester) by 10th Sept ,2007 ,I'M...

I am in H1b status form 2009 Oct. And my my wife is F1 with opt status. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in H1b status form 2009 Oct. and my my wife is F1 with opt status, currently working and both has W2. Can we file tax for 2009 jointly and what form should we refer for filing?

What Status should I file tax since my status changed from F1 to H1 from Oct 23 2006! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following questions about filing for taxes for the yr 2006. 1. Since my visa status changed from F1 to H1 on oct 23rd 2006, what status should I file the taxes as & which form should I use? Till now I have used 1040nr ez! FYI : I am frm India, I have not left US from...

View more questions Search