Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy_sweety Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
    How to volunteer at local schools or community college?
    Hi,

I wish to volunteer as a teaching assistant at a local school or community college.
    1. How do I approach the school or community college? Where can I find the volunteer opportunities?
    2. Do I need a certification or previous experience for volunteering as teacher assistant?

Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 06:03 PM

1. Just call and ask what volunteer opportunities they have. 2. Would be nice but not a requirement. Many elementary schools have volunteers who do photocopying, listen to students read, act as crossing guards, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is roxbury community college mismanaging funds? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I attend Roxbury Community College. I just recently resigned as Treasurer of SGA and forwarded my resignation letter to all stydents at RCC; there are 11 topics and several include the embezzlement of funds which I have evidence of all. What can I do with this information? I heard from a...

I have a pending felony can I go to community college and get the degree I want? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 24 with a pending felony, and in background checks there are companies that can see that, and have rejected my employment until further notice. This not only scares me but it also gets me worried about college and my future. I have no bad past in either my childhood or my adult hood. I had a...

Community College to Harvard? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not a bad student but I don't have the best or most impresive grades in high school. I want to do my MBA and Harvard has a great business program. I regret messing up my high school career. I really want to go to Harvard. In Maryland, the community college for us is Montgomery college, its...

View more questions Search