Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yetrs Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2011, 02:50 PM
    I can't remember title/author...
    What I can remember was it was about a boy who lived in a town that was completely shut off from the rest of the world. The people forbid the learnings of the outside world and taught their citizens only of what they believed. This made all the people believe they were the only civilization around. But, a boy started somehow found out that there was an outside world and he was shamed by his people. They continued to argue that he was wrong and imagining things but he kept getting pieces of the outside world and was always questioning his society..
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Jan 20, 2011, 10:37 AM
    It sounds sort of like City of Ember or something that was made into a movie. I don't know if it was City of Ember, or Embers, or Amber, but I've only seen the movie. My friend's read the book, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not.
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Mar 21, 2011, 09:18 AM
    You might be thinking of The Giver, by Lois Lowry. It's about a society where only one person knows the truth about past events, and the main character begins training to receive this knowledge. Gathering Blue, by the same author, is similar... but the main character is a girl.
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2011, 10:38 PM
    Sound like the movie "The Vllage" but I can't find a book title that it is bassed on.
    sandrameseck Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
    Sounds likeThe Village, to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember title or author! [ 2 Answers ]

I read a paperback book about 15 years ago and now can't remember the title or author. The story is about a man and woman, their life together - having children and raising them. I can't remember if the story took place in the US but it was when times were tough because it seemed like they were...

Can't remember title and author [ 3 Answers ]

My mom gave me a book to read years ago and now we both can't remember the title or whop it is by. It was about a young girl who was friends with a tiger and walking stick bug. I believe she lived with her grandfather. But she was kind of like a woods guardian or something. Any help would be great....

View more questions Search