Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pop000 Posts: 352, Reputation: 6

Jan 19, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Write the monomer of the polymer
    You can see in the picture two polymers A and B.

I tried to write the monomer for A I am not sure if is correct and I need help to write the monomer for B.

Hope you understand what I mean :).

Thanks.
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Jan 19, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Your first monomer is correct: it is chloroethene aka vinyl chloride. The polymer is the very common PVC: polyvinylchloride.
    Your second polymer would be polyallyl acetate. The monomer would be allyl acetate: CH3COOCH2CH=CH2. This is not a common polymer; I wonder if you wanted to show polyvinyl acetate; it would look like the first polymer but instead of pendant -Cl groups you would have pendant -OCOCH3 groups rather than the -CH2OCOCH3 groups you have shown.
    Do you see how to find the monomer?
    pop000 Posts: 352, Reputation: 6

Jan 20, 2011, 03:05 AM
    Comment on DrBob1's post
    Yes I see and thanks for help.
    Is really amazing that you know even the name of this tow polymers :)

So thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair coping for Polymer wall pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 24' round inground pool where the coping is molded to the Polymer walls.The coping pieces are cracked through the top in several spots on each coping section.The pool was built in the late 70's or early 80's. I'm the 3rd owner and have no literature on the pool.Just wondering if anyone...

Repair pea-gravel polymer patio [ 1 Answers ]

Remember the popular method of covering a driveway or patio with bonded gravel? Mine lasted close to 20 years but needs some repair now. I still have bags of the pea-gravel but need to know what type of acrylic bonding is available for purchase by a do-it-yourself home owner. :confused:

URGENT swallowed plastic polymer [ 2 Answers ]

My mini daschund may have swallowed a few tiny grains of plastic polymer. It's the type that looks like large grains of sugar. My brother uses them in science experiments and they absorb a ton of water. Should I call the vet right now? Take her in tomorrow? Wait to see if she is okay? Will they...

View more questions Search