Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artbejarano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 09:02 AM
    Kitchen sink odor from cabinet
    Intermittent odor coming from cabinet under kitchen sink, smells like the black rubber hoses that are under there. How can we get rid of it?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 12:58 PM

Hi Artbejarano...

Take a look up under the sink. Is there a black rubber sound insulator against the bottom of the sink? If so, you can try scraping this off and then use an adhesive remover to remove any adhesive residue and that should help here.

Most of the time, when we get this complaint this sound insulator is the culprit.

Let me know if you found it present, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chemical like odor coming from under sink in cabinet where disposal is? Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I think we just solved the problem. We recently bought a new rubber sink plunger and the rubber plunger smells like creosote. We think that may be the odor. I will check back if the smell doesn't go away. Now we wonder if there is any kind of spray that will neutralize that strong odor. Thanks...

Kitchen Sink Odor [ 0 Answers ]

We just had a new stainless steel sink installed as part of our kitchen remodel. It was manufactured in China. There is a very strong chemical type odor coming out of the cabiet below the sink. There are no leaks and nothing obvious that would be causing the odor. We thought that it had...

Is it possible to replace the front part of a kitchen cabinet under the sink [ 1 Answers ]

The particle board in back of the bottom edge of the kitchen sink cabinet where the doors touch when closed is rotted and has swollen so that I can't fully close one door. Can this section be cut out and replaced? I have already figured out how to replace the Cabinet floor, but don't know what to...

Kitchen sink cabinet [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my kitchen cabinets. I am cutting out the sink cabinet to allow the plumbing for the dish washer and inlet/ outlet of the drain. As I know that the cabinet is a standard 24" depth. Now does the cabinet bolt flush against the wall or do I allow a gap. I do not remember how the...

Removed unility sink. Now a foul odor coming from the cabinet below. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My husband removed the utility sink in our utility go give us more counter space. Now about a month later there is a very foul odor coming from the cabinet below where the sink used to be. Can you tell me how to get rid of the stink? It seems like it is coming from the wall. tlgoetz

View more questions Search