Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redrex Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
    I love her but she wants to be just friend.
    I love this girl since I was 15.I told her that but she never responded.I thought I will be always by her side and someday... we lost connection for more than a year because I had to go through some of my family problems(actually I lost my dad in an accident).we entered in different colleges.now when we came in touch again,I found that she also had some problems and tried to contact me but I was unavailable.at that time someone helped her and now she had feelings for him.she told me everything and requested me not to love her but to be her good friend as my return made her confused.I promissed her to be her friend but it pains me so much that I even cried alone.the time I was away from her was so much painful that I don't want to stay away from her.but still I don't want to see her in pain and confusion.what should I do?I can be just her friend for life.that should be the best option.but I can't 'cause I really love her.please help me..
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Jan 19, 2011, 03:54 AM

You have no choice.

She's told you she just wants you as a friend. She has feelings for someone else. Respect that.

If you can't do that then leave her alone. Don't pretend you can be her friend as all you will do is hurt yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 09:42 AM

Life ain't always a joyful easy thing, and sometimes it hurt when we can't get what we want, or we get rejected by one we want to give love to.

Leave her alone a build a life you are happy with, and worry about being a friend later, when you can be a good one. Like you said, you just can't do it now.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2011, 10:03 AM

You need to just let go. I know that is easier said then done. It won't be easy because you are yet again losing someone that you love from you life. I know that it's a different loss, but having to get over that loss can be almost as painful to some.

I also think it would be extremely painful to say that you could be her friend and yet know that she is involved with another man. Anyone who has had to get over someone the worst part was seeing them with someone else!!

You have been through a lot, its time to get your life moving forward. There maybe a time later on in your life that you will feel that its appropriate to now allow this friendship, but not until YOU can handle it.

Its another thought, if you would decide to be a friend and stand by watching her relationship, you could be missing out on the lady that is to be yours. When standing on the outside looking in there isn't much of a connection, that's when its time to stop watching and get out become involved with life!! Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with my best friend and she's in love with me [ 1 Answers ]

So, as you know, I am a girl myself and the other day my boyfriend maya asked me if I wanted to go on a date with her. I said yes and we're going out to the movie theater tomorrow. I know she said that she loves me, and I think I love her, but I don't know how to handle it.:(

I love my girfriend but I'm starting love my best friend [ 10 Answers ]

(FYI: I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl) I love my girlfriend but I'm starting to fall in love with my best friend, what should I do? Also when my girlfriend and I are kissing I think of my best friend sometimes, is that normal? What is going on with me? I thought I was sure I wanted to marry...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

View more questions Search