Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MetallicaFreak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Tongue piercings
    Hey,
    Does anyone if your tongue swells after you get it pierced. If so, does it affect your breathing ability. What should not be eaten in the first week or so of getting your tongue pierced? If someone would reply please do so.
    Tiff89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Yes your tongue does swell quite a bit and it doesn't affect your ability to breathe. When you eat, you want to stick to soft foods until the swelling goes down.. mainly because of the pain and for the reason that when you eat while your tongue is still swollen, you are likely to bite the accidentally bite the ring with your teeth which will also be VERY painful.
    moe06 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Well some peoples tongue do swell between barely and majorly... and sometimes their tongue doesn't swell at all, mine kind of did and with the whole eating thing for like the first week ii would just eat soft things, because your tongues going to be sore and soft food will be easier to eat. ((like puddin, mash potatoes... etc)) :)
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 1, 2007, 02:44 PM
    My tongue only swelled a little bit and I had no problems with breathing. I ate grits the same night I had mine pierced and solid food the next day.
    kelseygarrett Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2011, 10:38 PM
    Drink milkshakes , and soft foods . Salty & most solid foods are really bad for the piercing , and may cause pain .
    Desireex Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2011, 09:58 PM
    You're supposed to stick to soft foods since there's a chance of biting the ring and aggravating the piercing which can cause more swelling and slow down the healing process; however, me myself, I still ate solid foods but was very careful with it and made sure to clean it accurately afterwards. Now, my piercing is just fine and I'm about to be in my second week of having it. I'd say that as long as you're conscious of your piercing and act accordingly, you should be fine. Don't act as if it's not there and eat normally. If you decide to take a chance on solid foods, you should eat slowly to prevent biting on the ring and annoying the piercing. It's still safer to stick to the softer foods though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercings [ 15 Answers ]

Um.. I got a question, and I hope someone would be able to help me.. I am going to self pierce a second hole but my mom said I could do it myself so I need some advice..

White Tongue [ 10 Answers ]

I have recently noticed my tongue color turning white and I have been spitting a lot lately. I am a smoker and since June 06, I have been smoking pot a lot. I completed my diploma and started doing it like once or twice a week in the summer but that escalated to every single day. I haven’t been...

Belly Button Piercings [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or...

Spotted tongue? [ 6 Answers ]

I have small blackish/brownish spots on my tongue, near the end the sides. Recently someone commented that this is odd. The spots have always been there, and they look like individually discolored tastebuds. Does anyone know what they are? Do freckled tongues exist? Does anyone else have a weirdo...

Piercings [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, OK I have a 4 month old industrial peircing and it has these little bumps on the ends of each hole and I use sea salt and once and a while peroxide, do anyone know what else I can do to make them go away or will they go away in time, cause I know it takes 6 months to a year to heal.

View more questions Search