Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stina24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 11:41 PM
    How do determine the size fuse needed for a 32 in emerson lcd hdtv model # lc320em81
    I ve tried to search online for the service manul but don't have money to purchase after buying this damn TV
    ekackos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 07:00 AM
    I surmise you are referring to a fuse in your electric panel and not a fuse in the TV itself. Generally a 15 amp circuit would be sufficient depending what else would be on the same circuit. It is important to note that the TV or any other appliance does not determine an electric circuit fuse size, the actual gauge of the wire supplying the outlet determines the fuse size or amperage. A 15 amp fuse is used for #14 gauge wire and a 20 amp fuse is used for #12 gauge wire. It can become a fire hazard to use a bigger fuse size than the wire is rated for as it can overheat and cause a fire. I suggest you find someone that can identify what size fuse is appropriate.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2011, 05:38 PM

If you look real close on the ends of the fuse, it should be scribed onto metal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Which LCD HDTV is better? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am planing on buying a Flat Screen LCD HDTV 37-40inch 1080p well compare both of these screen which one is the best. Sony KDL-37XBR6 37" BRAVIA XBRŽ LCD HDTV in LCD Televisions at JR.com Or Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC 40" 1080p...

Split picture screen on Emerson 20in LCD [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. Please help. :rolleyes: :eek:

Trying to connect Zenith DVD/VCR HTIB to Emerson LCD HDTV? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I (actually my mother) has just bought a 32 inch Emerson LCD HDTV model #LC320EM8 and I need to connect the Zenith DVD/VCR HTIB model #XBS444 that I bought three years ago to it. There is no cable box currently. I have the normal hookup like you would have the cable going into the VCR...

How to determine which fuse size I need? [ 2 Answers ]

I've just installed power door locks in my Honda Civic, and I've placed a fuse holder along the wire that goes from + terminal to the door lock relay. First of all, should it be on the + side of the battery or the - side? More important question is, how do I determine the fuse size that I...

View more questions Search