Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aintkz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 10:14 PM
    Weird
    Hey. So I've been dating this girl for 6 months and before that we were just really good friends. Yesterday she argued with me, saying that she wasn't feeling that I was interested in her, that I never asked her things like, how she was feeling, that I never asked for her opinion etcetc. Couldn't understand where she came up with this, I mean, every time I talk to her, I ask her TONS of stuff, things that I don't even care much, but I ask anyway. However its true that we usually don't talk about the relationship itself as much as we did. Could that be the problem? Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 10:28 PM

Girls want to talk about feelings. In fact, girls are obsessed with feelings -- -- how you feel when you see her, how you feel (happy, of course) when she talks nonstop, how you feel when the two of you have to say goodbye, how you feel when you are eating a Big Mac with her (but she doesn't care how you feel about the Big Mac, just how you feel about her).

So you say, "I'm so glad to see you today. Your eyes are so sparkly for some reason. Are you feeling happy?" A bit later you say, "I'm so glad we are here together today. It really makes me happy to be with you." Later, "Do you want to go to McDonald's for lunch? I love to watch your lips when you eat a Big Mac." Finally, "I have to get going to do my homework and am really going to miss you. I've certainly enjoyed our time together. I hope you will miss me too."

Granted, the above is a bit silly, but she really wants to know how you feel, especially when it's a positive feeling about her. Then she will believe you are interested in her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2011, 08:08 AM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wondergirl again

Take heed, she needs more romantic attention. Or she expects more. Give her what she asked for, or she will feel like just friends again. Trust me, you don't want that, nor do you want her to have to tell you again, so give it some thought, what can you do to show her that she was being thought about when?

Be a better listener, or you will regret it.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2011, 10:40 AM

Ahh isn't it great when we finally get old enough to get our first relationship to find out that YIKES what in the heck have I gotten myself into!!

Well, you might as well sit down and take notes, you will need to refer to these off and on for the REST OF YOU LIFE!! Now don't get discouraged, just be very afraid!!

So, when it comes to us woman we are full of emotions, some days we are over follow with them (on those days, you need to hide)!! Have you notice your girlfriend asking about how your feeling, how glad she is to see or talk with you, does she lite up just being with you and you holding hands!!

Most woman need to feel that they are loved, cared for. Now there are some women who need that by material things, but MOST of us woman will feel that warmth just by remembering to take our hands when out somewhere, or just looking in our eyes and telling us whatever attracks you to us. We are not asking you to smother us. Little things mean a lot to a woman. Calling to just say goodnight! Taking the time to open her car door for no other reason then she is your lady!!

Take care
    aintkz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 10:11 PM
    Yes, she asks how I'm feeling about enumerous things etcetc, but she says she is tired of always asking and not saying it by myself. I don't really feel the need to say how I'm feeling about some things.. heck, maybe I don't know how I feel about them, or don't care at all. I do know she cares a lot about tiny details, and I try to do her surprises, come up with different things every time. I try to please her in everyway, but seems that everything I do ain't enough. It's getting kind of annoying to be honest. Thanks for the answers by the way.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2011, 07:59 AM

Aintkz,

Your lady is very young yet, and may need more assurance then a more mature woman! So don't give up hope.

It sound like you are doing a pretty good job, so don't get down on yourself, I think its pretty neat that you are at least asking what you can do to reassure her. That right there shows how much you do care. You're a neat young man!

Unfortuantely us woman will continue to annoy you through out you life with questions dealing with" What are you feeling", but don't worry there is hope, with maturity comes the ability to know when exactly to move your head up and down and side to side to satisfy us!! Oh, and don't forget to grunt when at the right times. LOL Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this weird or what? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Do you think this is weird or is it just me? I have recently separated from wife of 14yrs.. We have 2 kids boy 6 months and girl 6 years old. This is still very raw for me as it was just a month ago and is still new. She has been out with 4 blokes already which is OK my me (well...

Is it weird to be 21 and to have never had a boyfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it weird to be 21 and have never had a boyfriend before? Im extremely independent and have always been occupied with athletics and having a lot of friends. I am over the hookups and random one night stands. I want a man not a boy in my life. Im surrounded by little boys in manly bodies, yea I'm...

Am I weird? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm 14 I'm in the 8th grade and I HATE make up and I don't like wearing skirts or dresses... I barely ever wear shorts all I like to wear is blue jeans a t-shirt and my hoodie... is that weird??

How is this for weird... [ 1 Answers ]

may dad passed away last yr feb... had dream about waking up looking at alarm clock and saw the time my dad was telling me I'd be late for school... guess what... the daily #'s came out and MATCHED the time on clock!! and I never played them!! weird... happened 2x's so far.. thought they were...

View more questions Search