Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srfoot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 07:09 PM
    Network 3 computers, Xp Pro not working
    Networking of three computers not working.

Computers:

1) XP pro, service pack 3, workgroup name: DOMAIN, name=Main

2) XP pro, service pack 3, workgroup name: DOMAIN, name=Corner(New workstation just built to replace an older one)

3) Xp Pro, service pack 2, workgroup name: DOMAIN, name=Alcove

Each computer can ping each other by Name and by IP.

A Netgear prosafe 5 port Gigabit switch connects them.

All start as Administrator.

Printers attached to different ones (usb) can be seen and accessed by each one.

Internet access not important. When needed, a phone tether is used.

Modems installed and used in 1 + 2 for fax and dialing out.

Virus and firewalls off on all.

A folder was created and shared (Test) on (2) and can not be accessed by 1 or 3. It shows up via workgroup

Computers \ Corner but can not be accessed by 1 or 3.

An error screen appears:

\\Corner\Test is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the

Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

1 + 2 can access folders shared on 3.

My old workstation (2) worked fine.

Any help and suggestions to resolve this are appreciated.

Thank you!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 10:45 AM

For workgrouped computers each machine must have identical user accounts or groups setup for each of the other machines' accounts. For example, if the logged-in user Bob on 1 is trying to access the share on 2, machine 2 needs a local Bob account with the same password as on machine 1, otherwise a prompt for credentials will appear when Bob on 1 tries to access the share on 2. The share permissions on 2 also need to be set to allow Bob access to the share. The NTFS permissions of the shared folder on 2 may also need adjusting to give Bob access, although these generally don't need to be adjusted unless they've been adjusted previously.

One gotcha is the Network Access: Sharing and security model for local accounts policy in 2's Local Security Policy could need to be set to Classic or changed to match what the other computers are using and how the share permissions are configured.

All that said, the "Not enough server storage is available to process this command." error isn't typical for a permissions problem. A Google on this error yields lots of hit. Refer to Windows Problem Solver: Not enough server storage and Error message: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command".
    srfoot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 08:51 PM
    Comment on Scleros's post
    Thank you for your response. I do have acronis on both 1 + 2. I increased IRPStacksize on both of them I also changed permissions and simple sharing on both. I can now access most files. Working well.
    javadataiy Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 11:37 PM
    Once try with Corner's IP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to network two computers using a router [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm pretty new to this networking thing, so my problem I have two pc's A & B using windows xp service pack 2 and a router, connected via the LAN port on both PC . The set up was easy but I can't access the printer and files on PC A from PC B. I used the network wizard to set up a...

Computer kicks other computers off network [ 10 Answers ]

I have comcast high speed internet attached through the modem to a Netgear router. I connect my computer by ethernet cable to the router and my wife connects wirelessly. Everything works perfectly until my son comes home from college and tries to connect his computer either by wire or wirelessly....

Vista does not see XP Computers on Network [ 3 Answers ]

I have a network with a 2003 sbs and xp Pro SP2 clients. We bought three Windows Vista Laptops and joined to the network. 2 of the vista computers can see and ping all the computers on the network but cannot access them and the Xp computers cannot access the Vista Laptops either. One of the Laptops...

Do I have too many computers connected to one network? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a main computer. There are 2 laptops and 3 computers that are wireless and have all been operating fine. Yesterday my husband bought a new laptop, when he's connected my computer is choppy and takes longer than usual to load. Could his new laptop be slowing me down because it's an extra...

I want to learn how to network 2 computers [ 8 Answers ]

I want to learn how to network 2 computers because my boss wants me to learn:) Learn how yo networw to computers

View more questions Search