Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animus Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
    What issue is the closest to starting a chaotic revolution in America?
    What would it take for Americans to fight against their government to regain control of their country? Is it even possible?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:12 PM

I believe its possible... but I don't believe it would be a single issue... but a combination of several.

Taxes being one... curtailing the 1st and/or 2nd amendment rights being another. Toss in a few other issues and you might have the makings of an uprising. But I can't see a single issue rising to that level.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:15 PM

Hello A:

In the present political climate, ANY issue is liable to set off the right... I don't see any lefty militias happening... They THINK their 30 cal rifles will save the republic... They're living a right wing fantasy.

excon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 12:16 PM

All it takes is the next election. That's the beauty of the system we have - if a majority of the people aren't happy with the present course, they vote the scoundrels out of office. But perhaps what you are asking is: what would it take for a minority of people who don't like the politicians that the majority elected to rise up and overthrow the government and take control? I don't know - perhaps a coup led by the military that would storm the White House, Congress, Supreme Court, all 50 governor's mansions and all 50 state houses. I'd like to think that's pretty unlikely.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:20 PM

Having a little popcorn, watching americans pointlessly talk about civil war and how tough they are on an anonymous forum.

Jan 18, 2011, 12:22 PM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    That's why I am beginning to believe that its not even possible. Our system of government has citizens on their bellies while they break every minor blue collar law established, forever leaving the balance of power and wealth in the same pockets.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:34 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's why I am beginning to believe that its not even possible. Our system of government has citizens on their bellies while they break every minor blue collar law established, forever leaving the balance of power and wealth in the same pockets.

Most of the people that you claim hold all that wealth... earned it. They didn't inherit it.

That's the Difference between old money and new money... as its called.

Funny point you make... because, if you aren't entitled to the wealth you have earned... then why should you work hard at all. It's that sort of thought that brought down the USSR.

Those who work least... deserve the least... those that work hardest, deserve the most.

After all... you do have the chance to be the next Bill Gates... that wasn't handed to him, it was earned over a lot of years and hard work. I don't begrudge him for it. I only begrudge as an example... those who never applied themselves in high school... and if they even did graduate... never went to college. Then complained that while they have no specialized training or education... they aren't making what a College graduate of any level does.

THe difference here is opportunity... you do have that opportunity. YOu can't seize the opportunity... if you dwell on crying about those that did make it big by earning it.

Ever see a bushel of live crabs... never has a lid right... they could all crawl out. But they can't because the others pull any that try to crawl out back in. And it's the mindset of the current left that holds them back. You can't have it because I don't right now... same thing. THere are losts of opportunity out there... but you won't see it if you complain about those that did make it.

Don't like Google... then create something better. Google wasn't always the big player. And it likely won't always be either. Ever hear of Archie and Veronica... as it applies to the Internet?

THis isn't India where there are Castes and your opportunities are limited to what caste you are born into. Here you have the opportunity if you properly apply yourself. Not everyone is going to make it... but why fault the guy that does.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:37 PM

Now in reference about the wize cracks about the Right... after all, the last 10 years of blaming Bush for everything cost them this election... and the last HOW many days blaming the right for the AZ shooting when there exists ZERO proof it was anyone on the right. WHen it IS proven the gunman was a left leaning Dope smoker... who hated the right based in his own web postings... but then... the left preffers propaganda and lies to truth and facts.

Jan 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    I am so way tougher than you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    I am so way tougher than you.
    :D Well played sir.

Jan 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
    You have good points, you have highlighted all of the walls that I have hit while mulling this topic over. Something is wrong about this though, something is wrong with cheating a system for greed.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 01:54 PM

Oh, I agree... its not perfect... but thus far... a perfect system hasn't been devised.

And a perfect system would prevent it from being gamed by anyone... or twisted into things never intended.

Problem is defining greed... there are far too many people that think they are entitled to far more than they deserve while making none of the sacrifices or risks. And those risks do in fact result in financial ruin for the risk takers many times... and the sacrifices do involve large expenses that need repaid... I.E. College Tuition, years of study and hard work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for names of films set in Pre-Revolution France or during the revolution [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for titles of films set during the french monarchy, pre french revolution or during the french revolution (Marie-Antoinette for instance). Thanks

Will America have another revolution? [ 30 Answers ]

Anyone who knows the slightest bit about American history knows why we took our country away from the British. We were sick and tired of being taxed and we didn't approve of not having our freedoms. I'm sitting in a keno lounge with my wife, and the conversations I'm overhearing have been...

Starting issue [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced starter, did minor tune-up, still have problems starting. What else could I check for.

94 accord starting issue. [ 3 Answers ]

If I were to forget to unhook the battery when pulling distributer what are all the possibillities I could short out? Or how could I find my timing mark again so I know the car is on time?

View more questions Search