Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0351wife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Kitchen Drain line leaking?
    I started getting water coming up on my kitchenfloor I had a plumber come out and he said it was a drain line behind my wall.. and it would cost a couple thousnad to fix... also said I might need a new subfloor for my kitchenfloor... has anyone had this problem if so how muhc did it cost you... and do you know if insurance could pay for it.! Thanks Bekah
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered for this type of loss.
    Two thousand dollars sounds awful high to repair a drain leak in the wall but I am not there to see the problem and therefore it is impossible for me to make an estimate. If I were you I would call three or four plumbers and ask if they give second opinions at no charge, don't mention to them how much the other plumber quoted you for the work. You may find a big difference in the bids. I would include at least one small independent plumber in the roup that you call.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 14, 2007, 12:33 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me in my copper lateral drain line in the wall. My sink's on a outside wall so instead of tearing out the sink and cabinets I opened up the outside wall and replaced the line from there. It was easier and less labor involved in working from the outside rather then tearing up the kitchen. Two grand is a high estimate to replace a few feet of drain line. Get a few more estimates and let me know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet leaking [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my kitchen faucet leak when I am running the bathtub or washing machine {both in other areas of the house}? How do I fix it? Could it just be that the seal in the faucet is worn? If so, do I need to replace the faucet or is there a way to just replace the seal? I have a single handle...

Kitchen Drain Joint Leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small leak I am pretty sure is coming from the joint of the kitchen sink drain. It seems to be from the top of the pipe section that is the U of the trap. The pipe is plastic (PVC?). Any thoughts? Thanks

Older Kohler leaking at base of Kitchen Spout. Got off but can't get apart [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a 15 year old Kohler 2 handle kitchen sink that's leaking around spout base. I took the spout off and there's a valve looking thing loose up in the handle. It appears that it once screwed into the base of the faucet assy (the water pressure has always been bad at this sink). It looks...

Air in kitchen sink line - occasional hammering [ 3 Answers ]

I am helping someone with this problem and have only had it described to me, along with a layout of the house. A one story, concrete slab house, five years old is experiencing the problem. Infrequently when the kitchen faucet is turned on there is air discharge and hammering from both the cold...

Kitchen sprayer leaking at source [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Everyone here seems pretty helpful so I thought I would give this a shot... I had to get a new sprayer hose for my kitchen sink (old one got a hole) and I cannot seem to get it to stop leaking at the water source (where I attached to new hose) no matter how tight I try to make it (my knuckles...

View more questions Search