Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addctd_swati Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 07:25 AM
    My skin is really bad and ultra sensitive to the sun. help!
    I am 20 years oldI am really concerned for my skin.
    It is really bad and ultra sensitive to the sun. The moment I step out in the sun it gets tanned very badly. It gets tanned all over but there are certain specific areas ( like around the cheeks) that it tans the most. I have started using hydroquinone cream.

It is really bad and I am really concerned about it. Tell me what is the cause of this hyperpigmentation. I have nevr seen a skin like this before. I cannot event step out in the sun. help me.:(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
    The sun is the greatest contributor to hyperpigmentation of the skin. Excessive exposure to sunlight can cause some melanocytes to multiply, producing an uneven distribution of active melanocytes in the skin.

Skin bleaching creams and mild acids such as glycolic, kojic and retinoic acid may help treat the hyperpigmentation. The best measure to keep the hyperpigmented area from becoming darker is to stay out of the sun and use a good quality "sun block".
    brown2light Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    The sun is the greatest contributor to hyperpigmentation of the skin. Excessive exposure to sunlight can cause some melanocytes to multiply, producing an uneven distribution of active melanocytes in the skin.

Skin bleaching creams and mild acids such as glycolic, kojic and retinoic acid may help treat the hyperpigmentation. The best measure to keep the hyperpigmented area from becoming darker is to stay out of the sun and use a good quality "sun block".
    Its starting to get sunnt here in london any suggestion of good sun blocks that will prevent me from getting darker and protect me from the harmful sun rays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry sensitive skin.. Help! [ 10 Answers ]

I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)

Sensitive or Insensitive? [ 18 Answers ]

What do you consider yourself to be? What do you consider others in general? Which is worse?

Am I too sensitive? [ 16 Answers ]

Dear Readers, Before Thank you For Your Care Everybody! Time Sure Flies! I Haven't Posted Here For A Month Now! Kathleen And I Are Truly Back Together And I Have Been Seeking Counciling And Everything! I Changed A lot Since Than! We Are Back Together Since Sept 20 But Things Till Linger Us...

Skin pink spot from sun? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've posted a few months ago about having a bad sunburn, espcially on my face. I didn't get blisters but peeled 3 times! I don't normally get much sun exposure otherwise... it's usually pretty chilly in where I live. Anyway, since that one sunburn incident, I've began to find a few tiny...

Sun Block and Skin Lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is a question to all those people that have achieved there desired complexion (especially blacks or non whites). How do you manage to avoid the sun? Also what sun block or spf do you use when in the sun? Do you avoid wearing skimpy/exposing clothing in order not to re-darkening?

View more questions Search