Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpme202 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 09:23 AM
    How to go on a Hunger Strike without hurting Myself?
    Someone in my family stole $10 from my mother. I know it wasn't me; I would never steal, it goes as it goes strictly against my religious and moral codes. However, she will NOT listen. I know it was one of my brothers, but I can't get him to confess. My mother has taken all sorts of precautions against me. She want's ME to confess: and she won't even speak to me.
    I'm in a desperate situation: this all makes me extremely mad and sad... HOW could she think that I would do such a terrible terrible deed?
    My situation made me decide to go on a hunger strike. I am hoping, that either my brother will confess, because of the guilt, or my mother will realise that I am innocent, because no one guilty would actually go on a hunger strike to prove that they are innocent when actually being guilty.
    I am willing to be on strike until I die - if one of them don't realise what they are doing to me. However, if I don't die and they decide to tell, but in a couple of weeks, how do I minimize the amount of damage my body will have to suffer?
    I do have enough to burn, I am healthy, but about 12 pounds overweight, so I should be okay for at least 2 weeks... but what then?
    Please help me, someone, I am willing to do anything to get them to realise that I am innocent.
    Thanks -
    Sad and hungry in omaha
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 09:26 AM

Simple answer... there is no way.

You have one choice... grow up. WHat you have said shows a high degree of immaturity.

You ever hear that there are some fights you can't win? This is one.

Really... you are willing to starve yourself to death over $10. How old are you anyway? I'm asking because this sounds exactly like the maturity level of a three year old that decides they are going to hold their breath because they were told they couldn't have the toy or candy they were demanding.

Jan 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
    Well that was very helpful. Thank you so much.

Jan 18, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Comment on helpme202's post
    I think that I can it will just take a little bit of work. What choice do I have? Have an extremely bad relationship with my mother from now on, because she thinks I'm a crook? Or swallow my pride and confess, even though I'm innocent. Answer that!

Jan 18, 2011, 09:45 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    I think that I can it will just take a little bit of work. What choice do I have? Have an extremely bad relationship with my mother from now on, because she thinks I'm a crook? Or swallow my pride and confess, even though I'm innocent. Answer that!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme202 View Post
    What choice do I have?
    Hello h:

You have LOTS of choices, and hurting yourself is one of them... I don't recommend it though, because it HURTS... And, starvation is one of the most PAINFUL ways to die. I DO recommend that whatever course you take, you STICK with, though, because it will show that you're serious. In MY world, however, hurting myself would be the LAST thing I would think of.

So, if it was me, I'd just wait it out... If your mom thinks you're a crook, then she does, and you CANNOT change her mind... You'll be gone soon... There a LOT of life after you grow up.

excon

Jan 18, 2011, 09:56 AM
    Comment on excon's post
    What else would you recommend? :| :(
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:04 AM

Best thing to do... is swallow your pride. Being a willful and spiteful kid, isn't going to do nice things for you. Now or in the future.

You are going to be accused of many things you never did in your life... and the best thing to do once you have told the truth... is stop dwelling over them.

Maturity means more than chronological age. It is also wisedom.

But one thing is for sure... you aren't going to win any battles against your parents... and you aren't going to win any sympathy, by acting like a petulant brat.

By that I mean, and I am sure you have seen someone like that, so fixated on one thing that they won't listen to anything or anyone... and they always lose in the end... don't they.

Because as an adult... even more a parent... YOU will be made to pay for it, maybe not today, maybe not even tomorrow... but you WILL be punished for it somehow... in some way.

Also... while you may not have committed the act you are saying, it is NO excuse for your behaviour. I am sure you have heard the quote. Two wrongs don't make a right. This applies here.

Like I said... behaving like that in itself, it rightfull in earning its own punishment.

Also... there is another saying you will hear many times.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

Other words... don't take a small thing... and make a big thing out of it. Which is exactly what you are doing.

You know what, I wasn't there... I didn't see what happened either way... but usually when people get caught doing soemthing they shouldn't be doing, especially true with kids , its usually the guity are those that make the biggest stink.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpme202 View Post
    what else would you reccomend? :| :(
    Hello again, h:

Biting your tongue, and waiting it out... It's like a prison sentence... You're going to be released when you're 18. You CAN'T fight 'em WHILE you're under their supervision. THEY (prison guards AND your parents) run the show...

Besides, from a purely logical point of view, you can't prove a NEGATIVE... That means you CAN'T prove something DIDN'T happen.. You can only prove something DID happen. So, no matter WHAT you do, if the real crook doesn't come forward, you cannot prove your innocence.

What I recommend is that you ACT like a person who never has, nor ever will, STEAL. If your parents DON'T see that in you, then they DON'T. It's THEIR loss.

excon

Jan 18, 2011, 10:23 AM
    You're probably a parent that thinks they have all the answers. Well guess what: you don't. If that stupid cow at least likes me a bit, she will give in first. And if I die, I don't care. Jesus awaits me in his heavenly kingdom.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:34 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're probably a parent that thinks they have all the answers. Well guess what: you don't. If that stupid cow at least likes me a bit, she will give in first. And if I die, I don't care. Jesus awaits me in his heavenly kingdom.

You have ALL the answers... I see...

You are aware Suicide is a mortal sin... and you are aware Hell awaits those that take their own lives?

Want to argue that point with your Reverand or Priest at your church? Want to bet you are in for one hell of a shock when you find out you are as wrong about that as well as everything else.

Tell you what... you are just digging yourself in deeper..

You know what... I now amsure you DID steal that money. ANd you somehow think you can pile enough lies up to convince others you didn't, where we adults have seen it all before...

I mean sit back and list to you... you know everything... you are perfect... your parents know nothing... and you resort to insults to describe them.

Yeah... really makes me want to believe you. ( And I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell).

And incidentally... I'm not seeing anything endearing or likeale based on how you are describing your mother. And after all... if you act like that at home... its not hard to explain all of this on that basis alone.

YOu never did answer the question of how old you are. Since you have already learned everything there is to learn, and know everything there is to know.

Because I'm curious... I'm 49, and know what... I learn new stuff all the time. I didn't learn it all in Elementary school, I didn't learn it all in High school, I didn't even learn it all in College. In fact 30 years of living and working in 3 states, and two countries in the USA and Europe... I didn't learn it all, even as I learned to speak 4 different languages and can read a total of 6.

Want to talk about knowing everything... I think you and Stephen Hawking could have an interesting conversation... because he's about as close as anyone alive today has gotten... and he's a long way from that goal. You can fill him in on the rest.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 10:43 AM

Here's what I would say to my mom:

"Mom, I didn't take the money, but since you're my mom and I love you, I'm willing to make it up to you somehow, maybe by doing an extra chore or giving you the money from my own stash of cash. Whoever did this was very wrong and I hope will never do it again, to you or to anyone else. I love you and I want you to be happy."

Jan 18, 2011, 10:43 AM
    This is NOT suicide, this is DEATH FOR A CAUSE!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 10:47 AM

How many brothers are there? Why did she accuse you in particular?

Jan 18, 2011, 10:47 AM
    By the way, I am 17 and going to college next year. And who are YOU to judge ME? You are making bad into worse...

Jan 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Only 2. and she accused me because he's like 8 and her little angel. But you know what kids are capable of, they do bad stuff and don't even mean to and then lie to cover it up.

Jan 18, 2011, 10:50 AM
    also, you really think I would be willing to die for 10 dollars? Do you think that's the price I value my life for?
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:51 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, I am 17 and going to college next year. And who are YOU to judge ME? you are making bad into worse...

Oh... `17 Of course... YOu are bestowed with infinate knowledge at 17... I forgot... behold the Teenage with ALL of lifes answers...

Really... make it worse... take a step back... you are acting like a 5 year old having a temoper tantrum.

You have seen young children have temper tantrums before... have you?
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2011, 10:51 AM

also, you really think I would be willing to die for 10 dollars? do you think that's the price I value my life for?

Your words... not mine.

this is NOT suicide, this is DEATH FOR A CAUSE!!

Care to blurt out any more stupidity at this point?

Jan 18, 2011, 10:52 AM
    it is also very nice that you mention all your qualities... wow you speak 4 languages, I am amazed. Well guess what, I speak 3 FLUENTLY and I am 3x younger than you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hunger strike [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I'm planning on going on a hunger strike in my room, and if you don't approve of this don't comment, anyway I'm looking for tips please.

Kids On Hunger Strike-Made For TV? 70's? [ 2 Answers ]

Saw this on TV back in the seventies or very early eighties. Probably made-for-tv fare, it was a drama about a blended family, the mom has remarried or is engaged to a foreign-type fellow (Italian? French?). The kids are opposed to the match and most of them decide to go on a hunger strike in order...

Hunger and Nausea. What is this? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two days, I've had a really weird feeling in my stomach area (from just below my rib cage down to about my belly button)- it feels like... a combination of nausea and hunger pangs... No matter how much I eat, it doesn't seem to go away- not eating anything super-healthy (just had a...

Hunger during pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and I am hungry ALL of the time. Why is it that my baby is only about the size of a grape and I am starving??

Painful Hunger [ 6 Answers ]

Why does our tummies hurt when we're really hungry?

View more questions Search