Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmhvict Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
    Time frame and distance
    At what point in teh world is the place that is 24 hours from the pacific time zone. Japan is ahead 17 hours, hawaii is behind 2 hours, etc. is there a place a full 24 hour day before and a full day after? If not what is the maximum time before and after (the places)... thank-you, don
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jan 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
    There are only 24 time zones (not counting odd-ball ones like Newfoundland Time that are a half-hour off). So no matter where you start, you can't get a full 24 hours ahead. It's possible to get 23 hours ahead, though not from the Pacific time zone. As you move east (from any time zone), you move ahead in time until you reach the International Date Line (which is at the junction between four and five time zones west of the Pacific Time Zone), at which point, you jump back 23 hours and then starting counting back up again until you reach your original location.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jan 17, 2011, 08:39 PM
    And just to answer you last question, the place the furthest behind the Pacific Time Zone is the time zone directly east of the International Date Line (which includes the island of Samoa, for example), which is 4 hours behind. The place furthest ahead is the time zone directly west of the International Date Line (which includes New Zealand), which is 19 hours ahead.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2011, 11:56 PM

There is no need to type in full caps, you know...

As jcaron told you, there are no places that are full 24 hours. This is because if that was so, they'll be in the same geographical area as you (along the same longitude)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time frame for adoption? [ 0 Answers ]

My husband and I are adopting my nephew. My sister signed the papers for her rights to be terminated months ago. We are now waiting for a hearing to be scheduled. If at the hearing the judge decides to terminate her rights we accept custody. He has to be an "orphan" for one week and then we can...

Annulment time frame in MA [ 3 Answers ]

How long is too long to be married before it is too late for an annullment?

Time frame for a phd [ 1 Answers ]

After having weighed the pros and cons, I have decided to enroll, as soon as my resources will permit me, at the Atlantic International University pursue my phd. Can someone out there, who has done an online phd in about two years please tell me how many hours per day they devoted to their studies?...

SS-8 time frame [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it usually take the IRS to get back to me on an SS-8?

Time frame for N-400 [ 2 Answers ]

The four USCIS service centers process the same types of applications, yet some centers are faster than others. The same is true of the district offices. Is there a way to determine which offices process applications for citizenship (N-400) the fastest. The USCIS web site lists the same processing...

View more questions Search