Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawtoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 02:20 AM
    Heating unit
    My heating unit will not stay lite. I can here it trying to ignite, but after about three tries it stops. Is there a fix? I just purchased a new thermstat
    seagull Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2007, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtoo
    my heating unit will not stay lite. I can here it trying to ignite, but after about three trys it stops. Is there a fix? I just purchased a new thermstat
    U did not mention what type of heating unit u have?.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Does you furnace have a standing pilot or does it use a hot surface ignitor??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Likely the thermostat has nothing to do with it. If the gas goes off only a few seconds after it comes on, it is the flame detector, a flat ceramic doodad near one of the gas jets. It should have a couple of wires going back to the control board. Sand it clean.

If the gas stays on a couple of minutes, and the blower doesn't come on, likely it is the blower relay. It is a little square metal doohicky on the control board. Giving it a rap with a screwdriver handle shortly after the gas comes on may start the blower. The problem will only get worse, meaning replacing the board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ac/heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a heating unit it will work sometime but it will not turn on sometime like the other night when it got below in the low 50 it came on for two day's mow it will not come on for a few more day's when it drop's below in the low 50 it work's sometime then not off and on can you help me...

AC/Heating Unit Combo HELP [ 2 Answers ]

We have, I believe, a 2-ton Lennox AC/Heating roof-top unit. Lately, the unit was having trouble cooling the house, which is about 1,500 - 1,700 sq ft. We could set the thermostat to 68 degrees, and the house would only cool down to 80 degrees. Yesterday, the unit stopped blowing cold air...

Location for heating a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

In a two story house is there any reason not to put the only heating and a/c unit on the second floor? Thank you

AC/Heating unit will not come on [ 4 Answers ]

I attempted to replace an old York programmable thermostat with a Hunter thermostat. After installing the Hunter thermostat, my unit will now not come on. I checked the circuit breaker and it is on. What else do I need to check? Please tell me that I didn't blow my unit. Any help or suggestions...

View more questions Search