Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TandahJ Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 06:07 PM
    23yrs mother with hair loss
    I'm 23 years old, mother whose hair is coming out.. :(
    I noticed after my first child was born my hair started to fall out but I wasn't too concerned because everyone told me it was normal. Then after my 2nd child was born I had even more hair loss.
    I use to dye my hair a lot, not sure if maybe that's why or not..
    But I really started noticed my hair coming out, in like chucks, probably 20 of more strans.. When I dyed my hair the last time. The day after I dye my hair ( its a dark colour, no peroxide) I started taking anti-depressants. I actually stopped taking my pills because there was so much loss thinking it was because of the pill but the hair loss didn't get any better. there was no change. Should I be worried about this?
    If anyone has any advice please reply!
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2011, 01:51 AM
    OK well this is called "Alopecia", and the reason your only getting it now is because it can be caused by stress! You say you have 2 children now which is a ton of stress at such a young age, you should continue with your antidepressants because these will help with stressful days, also go back to your doctor about the hair loss (Alopecia) and he may be able to prescribe a cream for it. But you also need to deal with your stress, maybe counsiling? Yoga? Something you can enjoy and relax to daily, you need more help with your children and less worrying. I hope this helps, :)
    TandahJ Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 04:34 AM
    Thank you! I agree with you about the stress thing, I need to find something that is going to help with dealing with stress. I will see my doctor about this. Thx again! :)
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2011, 05:06 AM
    Comment on TandahJ's post
    Your very welcome, I hope it all works out for you, less stress more hair LOL you will be fine :) good luck and do let me know how you get on, I will add you to my contacts :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does hair dye cause hair loss? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I just wonder if hair dye causes a hair loss. My wife dyed her hair tow months ago and over the last three weeks she is having a hair loss. She went to see a doctor and all the blood test were fine. She was given some tablets and a shampoo to use a twice a week to wash her hair. Could anyone...

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

Can dying your hair darker cause hair thinning or loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Can coloring your hair cause it to thin? I have had significant thinning, maybe 20% and it not only seemed to start a year and a half ago when I first started to color my hair, but I noticed more loss right within a few days of having it colored. I haven't had it colored now for about 3 months, and...

Hair loss due to hair coloring [ 2 Answers ]

Can certains types of hair color cause cause hair loss? A cheaper hair color? >Moved from Forum Help<

Weight loss for lactating mother [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My figure; Weight 80 kg Height 165 cm Age 33 I am lactating my 2-month baby. The problem is I want to reduce my weight since I am overweight. Can you give me some guides to reduce weight with several diet menus and also the calories intake guideline.

View more questions Search