Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinmom06 Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jan 17, 2011, 11:54 AM
    If a minor misses court date, who gets in trouble? Guardian and/or the minor?
    If a 16-year-old with a court date (stealing, $100) doesn't show up for the appointment, does the guardian get in trouble alone, or the 16-year-old as well? State is TN.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 12:39 PM

The 16 gets into trouble, The parents may or may not have to pay the fine for it, but the warrant will be for the teenager.

Then in court the court will look into why, and decide what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor dating a minor.3 year difference, does it matter? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I turn 16 on April 28th, this girl turns 13 in September, I thought I heard something about a law stating something about it being illegal for someone to date 3 years younger than them. She's just a couple months off,and she is really mature, but I'm worried about her parents being able to...

Can a minor move in with a family if they have approval from their legal guardian? [ 18 Answers ]

My family wants to see if it is legal to let a minor live with us if they have permision from their legal guardians despite the fact that the family with partial custody dissaproves.

I am 16 and since I'm a minor, I have to go to court for failure to control a vehicle [ 7 Answers ]

I live about 3 minutes from where the accident occurred. I had been driving down a street I regulary drive on and I heard a strange noise and my car started to feel "weird." It felt as if the wheel wasn't working properly. I'm not sure why but my car pulled me to the side a little bit, causing me...

My minor nephew molested my minor daughter [ 8 Answers ]

Approximately 10 years ago, my sister and her children visited for a weekend of swimming. My daughter, then about 6 or 7, went up to her bedroom and was followed by my 14 or so year old nephew. My daughter has recently told us he approached her and touched her either through her suit or around...

What happens if a Minor fails to appear in court? [ 3 Answers ]

Minor (17) child was arrested for drinking. He showed up for his first court appearance and was given a court appointed attorney. He has not yet called or seen his attorney. He has moved out of county, and I fear he may be trying to avoid going to court. Can anyone tell me what happens if he...

View more questions Search