Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elidaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 12:03 AM
    Two week Puppy being disciplines
    Why is my dog growling and nipping her two week old puppy? She has eight puppies, but she only does this with one. Will she kill her? I do notice that the puppy is the first to open her eyes and is quite plumper than the others. Does this have anything to do with it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 01:23 AM

Possibly the mom recognizes that this little on is the strong one and wants to make sure all of the others get what they need first. That is just what she is doing, disciplining the pup to mind his/her manners. No, she is not going to kill it. What you are seeing is mom in action and just doing what she has to making sure everyone gets their share.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 week old puppy [ 4 Answers ]

I just visited my breeder. I put a deposit down on a male saluki dog. He will be 5 weeks tomorrow. He came from a litter of 4 (all males). In comparison to all other 3 brothers he was the least active. He shook a lot and wanted to sleep, while the others were very playful with tails pointing...

5 week old puppy [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 5 week old puppy who has bad fleas, I have no money for flea meds. What can I use at home?:(

7 week old Puppy [ 2 Answers ]

We are waiting to get a puppy from an Amish farm... he will be 7 weeks when we pick him up. They are all kept in a barn... and I am very concerned about fleas! I have had a flea infestation before... and I do not want any animal with fleas. All the pet medications seem to say to wait until they...

3 week old puppy [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I just received a 3 week old German Sheppard I bought from a lady a province away. I am not familiar with young pups, so I'm hoping you can help me... He sleeps all the time, has diarreah, and whines a lot as he eats... Is this due to his age or is he showing signs of sickness? I want to take...

View more questions Search