Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linbee92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 10:34 PM
    Missed depo no period ?
    I only took the depo once back in August of 10. I didn't get my period at all during the time of that one. I missed my next shot at the beginning of November and I haven't had a period since the one I had in August its now January 17, 2011. I used to be pretty regular it came and went on time. Me and my boyfriend use protection and I've taken three pregnancy test all negative. I'm not sure if this is normal or..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2011, 06:52 AM

It can be, as the depo injection can really wreak havoc on a woman's menstrual cycle. It may take several months still before your periods resume, they may start back up next month.

Certainly continue to use protection if you want to lower the chances of pregnancy. Some women in the same situation will take a pregnancy test every month until their periods resume just to be sure. For the peace of mind, you could always see your doctor about it as well.
    linbee92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 01:01 AM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Thank you very much this was really helpful :)
    Prettyyoung Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
    I miss my depo shot July 12 no period it's now October 11.2011 and me and my husband have under protection every time
    p89p Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2013, 04:03 PM
    I missed my depo injection beging of September 2013 and I still haven't had a period nov 13.
    I had unprotected sex a few weeks back and I'm now suffering from sore breast
    Is it possible I could be pregnant
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 11, 2013, 08:42 AM
    It is possible. Whenever you have sex it is possible. Whether it is likely or not is another matter all together.

The depo will probably be still in your system so the chances should be lower, but not gone completely. Since you probably didn't have a period while on depo chances are your womb isn't really ready for an embryo, but it could be. There is no real way to know. IF you don't get your period soon, try a home pregnancy test.

As well the sore breasts could be a side effect of coming off the depo. The most noticeable symptom of pregnancy is no period until the late second, early third month.

Unfortunately it is a waiting game for a little longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Missed period after on depo shot for 3.5 yrs, had a normal period now missed? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on the depo provera shot for 3.5 years, I discontiued the shot in July of 2009. I had my first normal period May 7 2010 and I haven't had one since, what could be wrong? I took a pregnancy test but it came up negative.

Can you be pregnant on depo provera? Missed period 1st shot [ 3 Answers ]

Can u get preganat while being on depo provera even if u only received 1 shot And missed a period a whole month ?

Missed depo shot [ 4 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot since I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now and I'm a month late on my shot because its time for me to get a pap but I'v been bleeding for the last 2 months now can any one tell me what's wrong

First dose of the depo shot & missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there... I gave birth to a baby girl on November 2nd 2006. On November 4th 2006 I received my first dose of the depo shot. After the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later I had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of December that lasted about 4 days. I ...

View more questions Search