Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Breelyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Getting corroded pipes loose
    My husband and I are putting in a new fixture in our shower/bath combo, got everything in order now, but one pipe that we cannot get loose. My husband is a big guy that has the man power, but I think that it might have something to do with the pipes being corroded. Does anyone know of any tricks that they could give us to get this thing loose? OH yeah we only have ONE bathroom!!

THANKS
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 14, 2007, 08:57 AM
    We spray WD-40 on the threads and tap around the female fitting to loosen the threads. We then use a large pipe wrench to take the fittings apart. Good luck, Tom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Yes WD 40 and a very, very big pipe wrench, plus even what we call a "cheater" bar on the end, a pipe making the handle longer, since the longer the handle the more torque you can get on the pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have corroded pipes below below my tub? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - I am REALLY hoping someone out there can help! We live in an old house (built 1888). The plumbing is not that old, since the house didn't have indoor plumbing when it was built. We believe the plumbing was put in around 1934. Our upstairs tub/shower won't drain. We have had it...

Loose toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lose toilet and noticed that one of the floor bolts is out of the floor. Can this be put back in the floor without removing the toilet and having to replace the wax seal? It sits on a tile floor.Thanks

Loose skin? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :pguys i want to ask.. i lost quite a lot of weight and along wit that is the loose skin issue..it looks weird. how do u suggest having firmer skin aside from exercise which is something i'm already doing.. help will be much appreciated..:)

Loose weigth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need your suggestion. I was gave birth 5 months ago,. and it's a big problem for me to loose my weight. Plsss gave some effective suggestion on how I loose my weight. I can't use my previous clothes, I need to buy new one. Thanks

Nut on wall pipe is too corroded and won't come off [ 1 Answers ]

The wall pipe under the kitchen sink has a hole. I already disconnected the end that attaches to the trap, but the side that connects to pipe in the wall is badly corroded and the nut won't come loose. I already tried banging the pliers with a hammer and WD40. I can't get it to budge at all. ...

View more questions Search