Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabrina2121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 05:20 PM
    Why do we have no hot water pressure since replacing leaking hot water pipe
    We replaced a section of hot water pipe that was leaking and so had to turn off our home's main water supply (it was off for about 24 hours). The pipe is now fixed but we have no water coming out of hot water taps, except a trickle when the cold water taps are also open. We have tried opening all the taps allowing any air to be released, and turned main water supply off and on several more times to see if this would do anything but nothing is working. Also the trickle of water coming out of the hot water faucets is cold water. Our latest attempt was to drain the water heater in the event there was sediment or something else causing a clog but to no avail. We think there must be a clog in the hot water pipes where they leave the heater but would like to know if there is another possible reason for our problem, and if there is any DIY solution.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 05:36 PM

Where in the piping system was the pipe repair? What kind of pipe?
    How much water did you get out of the water heater when you drained it?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 06:00 PM

Hey Sabrina...

Did you touch the shutoff going into the water heater? If you did, after you drained the heater did you turn the water heater shutoff on and did the water heater fill with water?

Sounds like the water heater shutoff(s) may be clogged/defective.

Let us know more, OK?

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 02:27 PM

Clean Aerators in sinks. Clean shower heads in showers. Do you have good flow out of tub spout ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

Does is matter which hot water heater I buy to get mazimize hot water pressure? [ 8 Answers ]

Need advice in choosing new hot water heater to maximize hot water pressure. Plumber installed new intake/&out copper pipes, new coldwater cut off valve, new line to humidifer, correctly switched hot and cold lines to water heater, flushed - and still hot water pressure is low all over the house....

No hot water pressure after replacing upstairs shower fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. I tore out the wall and replaced all of my upstairs shower knobs and shower head. The cold water runs fine, but when I turn on the hot full blast, I just get a trickle. Worked fine before (was just leaking). The sink hot water works well. Is there a pressure issue I need to know about...

View more questions Search