Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hopefullmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
    No father listed
    I did not list a father on my child's birth certificate. I am now married and husband wants to give the child his last name. We now live in another state but child was born in Arkansas. Can someone please advise us.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Hello, well unless your name is Mary, there has always been a father somewhere, Just not listing a father does not take away any of the fathers rights, nor does it take away any of the fathers obligations.

I would hope you have been getting your child support, if not, that is something you should have done.

Are you wanting only a name change, or are you wanting him to adopt the child, those are two different issues.

If you want him to adopt, you contract the child's father and get his permission. And file with family court
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Your husband would have to adopt your child. This would require the consent of the biological father, or at least a demonstration on your part that you've made every good faith attempt to contact him if he's nowhere to be found.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No father listed on birth certificate how can husband adopt [ 15 Answers ]

I live in KS. I don't know who my baby's biological father is, how can my husband adopt? There is no fater listed on the birth certificate. And what if someone later in life were to question if they were the father what would happen then?

Are warrants issued listed online? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know if a warrant is being issued for me in franklin co. cols,Ohio? How do I find out about this?:confused:

No items listed in shutdown window drop down [ 3 Answers ]

I have a XP user that has no items listed in the drop down in the shut down window, any body got any Ideas

Cd rom not listed in my computer [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, after sorting all sort of problems of virus/trojans now I got another problem. My cd rom is not listed in my computer which means that I am not able to use it. It opens and closes but do not works. I am using dell system with 512 ram and xp home and pro both installed on same partition....

CD Rom & Burner Drives not listed in "My Computer" [ 8 Answers ]

I am hoping you can help me "reset" my drives. A few days ago I could not use my CD Rom drive nor burner as neither would read a CD. I went into the systems folder in the control panel and disconnected both from the device manger. I did this because there was a yellow icon over each drive and...

View more questions Search