Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaniGurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
    Temporary bridge still in pain
    Hi I had a lot of work done recently on my right lower side of my mouth
    The wisdom tooth was root canal two in front was a crown and now I have a bridge {3teeth}Its been 1 week I am in a great deal of pain countinously and it actually seems to be worse as the week progresses. I wake up with it and it in my gums and it radiates up through my ear. I am taking Advil every 4to 6 hours. And its worse when I eat. I cannot chew on that side at all cause it feels as if the teeth are being pushed deeper into my gums. Is this normal with a temporary brige? Should I be feeling pain if I had root canals?
    My dentist has been closed the last few days and will be on Monday as well for the holiday just wondering what to do until Tuesday.
    Thanks Dani
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 10:23 AM

The dentist may be closed but call anyway, he may have an answering service that can reach him. This is not normal and if it gets worse consider a trip to the ER at your local hospital.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2011, 06:00 AM
    You need to get in to have the temp adjusted. It sounds like you are clenching or grinding on it hence the ear pain.

If the dentist is using freezing when cementing your permanent bridge, be sure you go back to the dentist if you feel that when you close your teeth together gently you are touching where the bridge is before anywhere else. It's hard to do a good bite adjustment when you are frozen. If you leave it you will end up with the same kind of pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridge pain [ 5 Answers ]

14 months ago I had a 3 tooth bridge done. In the 3 weeks I wore the temporary bridge I had some discomfort and couldn't eat on that side of my mouth. The bridge consists of my bottom left back molar, a pontic, and a cuspid. I didn't think much of the discomfort at the time because temporaries...

Dental pain after temporary bridge [ 1 Answers ]

I am having pain after ten days after my dentist removed my old bridge and fix a cavity next to it I have a temporary bridge on and is very painful is this normal?

I have had a bridge for 20 years or more, front tooth started to move and I have pain [ 1 Answers ]

My front tooth on my bridge moved when I bite something and now I have paid all under my bridge when I eat or drink. I have had the bridge fitted for 20 years at least what could it be. I am worried I may need a new bridge fitted.

Tooth pain in temporary bridge [ 1 Answers ]

2 weeks ago I had my impression done for my perm bridge & have been in pain (tooth # 13)since then. I didn't have any pain when the teeth were being filed down & temp. was placed. I went today to see the dentist & x-rays were taken. He didn't see anything wrong but said that I did have a lot of...

Pain under a crown attached to a bridge [ 1 Answers ]

I am scared this is hopeless situation, so please let me know your thoughts. Both of my front teeth are crowned. On the right side, I have a crowned tooth and right next to that, a three crown bridge. The crowned tooth next to the right front tooth is... painful. Sensitive to hot and cold. ...

View more questions Search