Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bricklayer2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 07:52 PM
    visa passport
    Coming from ghana to australia for the first time to meet someone you met online do you need cash in the bank to sapport yourself if all goes wrong with relationship
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 08:08 PM
    You're the one in Australia and are hoping to meet someone from Ghana soon?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 08:17 PM

Let me see, no it is a scam, Ghana is the largest dating fraud place in the world, They use fake profiles, often that 20 year old beauty is a 50 year old man.

In US dollars, the passport and visa would be less than 300 dollars, they normally ask for 2000 or more.

There is no money required to leave the county,

You can buy a prepaid airline ticket you don't have to send them the money.

But there is no love in Ghana, except their love for your money
    bricklayer2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 10:54 PM
    Yes I'm in australia. We talk on webcam, phone IMS, I've talked with friends realatives.
    I no for a fact that you do need enough fund to take care of your just can't find out how much rang aust. Embassy,visa etc but can't seem to get an answer other than yes she needs enough to be able to look after herself in case we don't work out and I tell her to pissoff and first time travel to aust.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 11:00 PM

There is NO Ghana woman. (You may talk with a certain woman and see her on your webcam, but she is not who she says she is.)

There is NO relationship. It is all a LIE.

Did this all start with an email you received?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 11:11 PM

No there is no requirement of funds, sorry it is a lie, a scam.
    That was a old law that is no longer active. If you are at the airport, do they require you to have 1000 in your pocket.

So how much have you sent so for, for passport and visas ?
    And of course she will be robbed or have to bribe someone at the airport and need more money before she leaves.

And she most likely web cams 10 or 12 different people for money, it is their business. It is a scam.

But what the heck, you must be rich, how much can you afford to lose to teach you a lesson, 10,000 is normally what they ask for, but some only ask for 4000. How much can you afford to give away and not miss. When she does not come

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewed passport recently but old passport with visa to usa lost... what 2 do? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I renewed my passport but my old passport in which visa for usa was stamped ,got lost. What am I supposed to do?

Family visa cancellation with out stamping visa on passport [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Friends, I took my family visa and bring them according to that, but rightnow immediately I want to change my visa status. For that I have to go india, problem is wife passport didnnot stamped her visa. I want to know that with out stamping visa, cancellation is posible? How many days stay...

Do I need a visa or passport? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a % disabled veteran (with a retired/disabled military card). Do I need a visa or passport to go oversees? Also, what is the difference between the two?

Passport and visa [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend lives in Ghana and want to move here to Canada to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa and how much do they cost,thanks thibeaub

View more questions Search