Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    portneuf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 06:07 PM
    My elderly parent, assisted living, credit card debt,
    My father has an illness that requires 24/7 supervision. My 80 year old mom just croke her kneecap and had surgery. They run out of medicare benefits in April.
    How do we get them in assisted living when they owen a house not equity, have cc debt and the only real property they have is a vehicle.
    My dad is a veternan but he has a retirement from the military, another retirement at the Department of Energy and Social Security. He makes too much for any assistance byt they have to go to an assisted living by April.
    They have no extra money. What si we di? This is in Idaho.

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 06:14 PM

Have you looked into the VA for the father.

And for assisted living, you price them up and find one that you can afford.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly with credit card debt [ 17 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a company/website that helps the elderly with credit card debt without charging a high fee. I have three patients in their 80's with credit card debt in the thousands and they are getting harassing phone calls, etc. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Elderly and Credit Card Debt and Judgements [ 1 Answers ]

An elderly relative is incapacitated due to a serious automobile wreck - may or may not recover mental capacity. Her husband (late 70's) has a very limited knowledge of their financial situation and is significantly overwhelmed. He does not have power of attorney for his wife. The wife was...

Credit card debt - Elderly (Parent) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first post as I just got a call from my Father and I'm on the verge of developing an ulcer! My Mother has obviously racked up some debt. She had always been the one to pay the bills so my dad had no idea there was trouble. When bill collectors began calling (and my mom hung...

Elderly and credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is elderly, in poor health, and only income is social security. She has a large credit card debt (one card) and the company wants minimum payments of almost half her income. She has ask them to reduce tha payment, but they refuse. What can be done?

Elderly mom about to be sued, credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

My mother is 94. She has dementia, is almost blind and deaf, has had cancer and numerous other medical problems. I am her only child and I am her only caregiver. She lives in my house. She has no property and her only income is her Social Security and a small pension of $50 a month. I paid her...

View more questions Search