Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheftonyganza Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 02:42 PM
    PCmag review Zonealarm datalock encryption

I got a new laptop and I am afraid of losing it, or it getting jacked. I want some kind of hard drive encryption so that if that does happen to jack it, they can't get my data. If not prevent them, at least make it so difficult that they will hopefully just reformat the drives – which would delete the data.

I found this review in PC Mag about Zonealarm's Datalock data encryption program:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371748,00.asp

It says that Datalocks support is the main feature, that just call them and they can help you out.

Do other data encryption programs offer this level of support?

It seems that Datalock is easy to use, are other programs harder to use?

Can you get locked out of Windows 7 encyrption?

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 15, 2011, 02:58 PM
    Win 7 pro and above includes Bitlocker.
    Any disc encryption has dangers, especially if you forget the access password.
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 06:54 AM
    I was going to suggest the low jack software... many new laptops have that.There's also other software out there that can password protect every program you have on your laptop.Do you have an external hard drive or big flash drive? You can back up your whole laptop to one if it have enough space.Just out of curiosity... do you live in a high crime area? Most people who steal computers and stuff have no clue how to use it.They just want it for quick cash.Maybe you can Google it and see what comes up.Google knows more than I do lol.By the way,what kind of laptop is it?
    jeje409 Posts: 84, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2011, 06:57 AM
    I have Windows Vista Ultimate and mine came with Bitlocker... but I don't have to worry about anyone getting access to my stuff.If you do use Bitlocker it will create another drive on computer.Might want to go to Microsoft site and read up on it some.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't remove ZoneAlarm firewall [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a Pentium4 with WindowsXP pro, update 2. More than a year ago I had the bad idea to install a free version of Zone Alarm firewall. When the year time expired the program stop working. A new version of it was not possible to install due to a file VSPUBAPI.dll that was not found. The...

How we review boiler pressure parts detail drawing review/read [ 0 Answers ]

How we review boiler pressure parts detail drawing review/read

AVG and Zonealarm on XP [ 5 Answers ]

Many people advise on combining avg and za together instead of norton, I am planning on changing but need to know Which has better anti-spyware and anti-spam protection avg or za? Because that will determine which internet security suite I will get. Also please let me know of the combination you...

Encryption of passwords [ 14 Answers ]

Hi guys, Hello every one I was wondering if the passwords we enter Yahoo messenger or Yahoo mail are straight away encrypted because when I was trying to sniff my networks traffic 4 passwords I was hardly able to make out something and also I would like to suggest me some nice...

View more questions Search