Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Do you agree with these quote?
    "When people are older, it's the things they don't do that they regret rather than the things they do do"

This is to those of you who are older obviously, because only you would know first hand!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 11:42 AM

I would slightly restate the quote --

"When people are older, it's the things they didn't do that they regret rather than the things they did do."

I totally agree with it. We don't give ourselves credit for what we did accomplish, and tend to regret how we missed the boat by not doing certain things.

For instance, I got married right out of college (like, two days later). Now, as I review my life many years later, I kick myself for getting married so soon after getting a degree (but that was the thing to do back then). Now, if I were doing it all over again, I would stay single, travel, meet lots of people, experience other cultures and cuisines.

On the other hand, I will never regret buying my Dodge Neon with fantastic cupholders and an awesome sound system!
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Hhahah thank yoou!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to translate English quote into a Classic Sanskrit quote [ 2 Answers ]

Beautiful lotus without a scent like him who doesn’t act accordingly. Bussihism taught a life not by rule, but by principle, a life of beauty; and as a consequence, it was a religion of tolerance. It was the most charitable system under the sun. Thanks guys Nicole:)

Not sure I agree with what dentist wants to do [ 2 Answers ]

At routine checkup and cleaning dentist told me #13 upper bicuspid needs to have porcelain crown replaced. Said decay was starting underneath. Tooth had prior root canal and crown and is at least 8 years old. Dentist said I need gingivectomy on tooth. On #20 lower bicuspid I was told gold...

Do you agree with this? [ 3 Answers ]

“God’s sign is simplicity. God’s sign is The Baby. God’s sign in that he makes himself small for us. This is how he reigns. He does not come with power and outward splendor. He comes as a baby – defenseless and in need of our help. He does not want to overwhelm us with his strength. He takes...

Does anyone agree with this? [ 9 Answers ]

Personally, I believe that Sarah Palin will make a great president, and if she wants to keep John McCain on the ticket that is fine with me.

Can't agree [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if our company is a large enterprise or a Nonprofit that can pay small enterprise wages in mInnesota. I learned in a class that a NONPROFIT can NEVER be an enterprise because the title is NONPROFIT there for the annual gross income is not considered income. My boss will not...

View more questions Search