Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ifadoll Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 09:15 AM
    Can I go somewhere while waiting for Medicaid? (Michigan)
    I just discovered I am pregnant! I do not have health insurance, and I have applied for Medicaid. However, there is a chance I could be well over two months pregnant and I would like to see a doctor right away. They said it could take up to two months!

Is there somewhere I could go while waiting for Medicaid's answer?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 10:04 AM

If you can afford a doctors visit you can go to any doctor you wish. You can also ask the social services where you applied if there is any way you can.

Also check out many areas in the US have free health clinics for mothers ran by the county health department.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 15, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Go, as in move? Michigan is a big state. Get a phone book and start calling clinics and Planned Parenthood local to you. PP has all sorts of referrals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medicaid Recertification [ 2 Answers ]

I have been told by Medicaid that I could recertify by mail but have not received the proper forms. My Medicaid stops by the end of February. What can I do?

Medicaid eligibility [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just lost his job and I do not work, we are insured for one month before we lose coverage. How can I tell if we are eligible for medicaid? If he takes a new job that doesn't provide health insurance, how would we go about finding affordable insurance for our family if he makes a base of...

View more questions Search