Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corawhite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2011, 07:42 AM
    How to patch a fireplace
    I have a fire place insert . We Bought the home and it was 10 years old I can't find any material on it. But the back of it has been nearly knock out with logs in badly needed repair
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2011, 07:52 AM

Cora, most inserts are dual walls to accommodate a blower, are you sure the damage happened by the firewood? If the undamaged metal is in good enough shape you can replate, if your not a welder then see a local welding shop for the repair. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patch Adams [ 2 Answers ]

How did Patch Adams movies change the way you care for patients

Pink patch? [ 2 Answers ]

Does the little pink patch work? I stumbled across this website. Has anyone tried it? Pink Patch Weight Loss | Lose Weight Also does the acai-noni burner work? Acai-Noni Burner - Flush Excess Pounds Cleanse your system This? Any other suggestions? Of course this would go along with diet and...

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

Security patch ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a security patch and what is a patch manager? :)

View more questions Search