Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenaya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Absent father
    My daughter father has not seen her for seven year but ORS is taking money from him for child support. Does he still have right to her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 07:42 PM

He has every right he got in the child custody agreement

Only you and he knows what that is.

You can go to court and ask for it to be modified, or if he wants to visit, you can go to court and ask for the child to get counseling prior to visit or that the visit is supervised by the court till the child gets to know him.

But any change in the current custody order will need to be done in court.

If he does not have a visit agreement, he will have to go to court to get it, to have a "right" to see, he has a right to go to court if he does not have a current court order.

** so come back and give us more info as to the current legal arrangements. Plus I answered on basic common US law, if you tell us where you live it will help ** we are international

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absent Father Returns [ 3 Answers ]

The father of my seven year old and my ex-husband left when my daughter was a year. Up until the age of for her dad was in her life off and on but never was never reliable with his visitation, made up awful lies and would tell them to our daughter about me and my family and was just not a good dad....

Absent father [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 10 yrs old and she never lived with her father he has never been in her life... I don't know where he is located and I want to know how can I have sole custody I have to renew her passport and can't do it with out his consent... any suggestions?

Absent father returns [ 3 Answers ]

My son's father was only involved in his life while he was 9 months to 12 months. My son is now 5 1/2 and his father is back. I introduced them and they've seen each other about 2 times per month for the past few months. My son loved it at first, but now is saying that he was doing fine without...

Questions about absent father [ 3 Answers ]

My 5 yr old daughter is asking many questions about her absent father. She has no relationship and has never met her father. What are the right answers that won't hurt her?

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

View more questions Search