Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxAnGeLxx Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2011, 07:06 PM
    Why won't he talk to me?
    Me and my boyfriend were together for two years. Than another guy started talking to me and made me feel the way my boyfriend didn't. Me and my boyfriend ended up taking a break and I tried things with this boy and broke up with him cause I wanted my ex boyfriend back. So than me and my boyfriend were fine and the other guy got back with his ex girlfriend. Than they broke up and me and my boyfriend broke up on thanksgiving. So we were talking about going back out and said we wanted to be single for a little and we were hanging out for a week and we almost got back together and than I found out he was talking to some other girl and than they ended up going out and I got mad and heartbroken and he wouldn't talk to me he kept ignoring me when I would talk to him so I started talking to that other guy again and he didn't treat me as good as he did before and than my ex would tell me he never loved me and she made him happier than I ever did and he has better now. He is still ignoring me and everything. I told him I had a miscarriage and he didn't even care. His sisters and cousins and mother still talk to me and they don't like his new girlfriend and they want me back. He changed a lot since her his grades dropped and he became a real jerk. He even quit doing sports for her. But when I told him to do that for his own health he wouldn't. Now I see them together and he holds her and kisses her the ways he never did to me. He always talks about her but he never talked about me. She goes around acting all innocent. And now they claim their in love. I just want him to at least talk to me and be friends but he just won't. It hurts to bad. I been in a deep depression for almost 2 months now. I love him but he told me he doesn't love me anymore and I moved on but I doesn't help any with him throwing her around in my face. I just want to know what I could do to get him back. Feelings like that just don't go away over night. I need him in my life and he feels like she is better but she never has time for him. She has a whole child and only sees him in school. When she does go to his house they sit on the couch all quiet and text back and forth. Its so weird but me and him were great together. I feel like I messed up and no matter what I say to him he will not talk to me. How do I get him to talk to me?
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Jan 14, 2011, 07:51 PM
    Leave this situation alone. He has a girlfriend now and there is nothing you can do about it, unfortunately. You left your boyfriend to try things out with this new guy because he gave you the attention that you wanted. When that didn't work out, your boyfriend was forgiving enough to take you back. Then when you guys broke up again, you ran back to the other guy. When you didn't get the attention you wanted from him, you found yourself wanting your ex back, again. Relationships don't work this way, they take a lot of work from both ends. It takes lots and lots of communication and honesty and working TOGETHER to resolve issues. Not running back and forth between who will give you more attention. You can't just get up and leave when times get rough and then expect everything to be okay when you come back. That isn't fixing any of the existing problems.

I know it's painful when your ex has moved on and won't talk to you, but it's something you have to accept at this point. It's time to focus on yourself now and heal. If you keep nagging him to talk to you, YOU will never heal. Do this for yourself! Trust me, I've been there, and I finally realized how much I was belittling myself. You will be much better off in the long run if you don't get into any relationships right away and if you stop trying to get him to talk to you. It's very hard, I definitely understand, but it's really the only way. Even if you don't take this advice, after enough trial and error I think you will realize this too. Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 08:59 PM

Sorry he is just to busy to talk to you and he has a new girl to talk to. You are right, feelings don't go away over night, but its been 2 months so he has had plenty of time to move on, and so have you. Leave him and his world alone, and start enjoying your own.

You can't make some one talk to you that doesn't want to, and you should know that by now.

Jan 15, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Comment on acciosnivellus's post

Thank you. It's just hard seeing how much happier she makes him and they actually go out and do things where when we were together he never wanted to go out or kiss me in front of other people like he does her it makes me wonder if it was real

Comment on talaniman's post

I know. It doesn't really help any with his mom and sisters texting me all the time. They still want me around and don't like his new girlfriend and its really hard when all they talk about is him after I tell them not to
    Expert

Jan 15, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAnGeLxx View Post
    It doesn't really help any with his mom and sisters texting me all the time. They still want me around and don't like his new gf and its really hard when all they talk about is him after i tell them not to
    I think you have to politely tell them you don't want to hear about him. If that's all they talk about, then you have nothing to talk about with them. They just keep your hopes up, and your feelings stirred about. Hard to move on that way.

I would be backing away, and finally disappear from their lives for a while.

Jan 15, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Ya I tried that.. It really seems like I'm fine when I start talking to another guy until I realize that I'm a rebound or they are just trying to get me to sleep with them and they don't get that I'm not that kind of girl and that's when it starts again
    Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 08:54 AM

Actually its pretty natural to think of old feelings, and better times when other parts of our lives are not working that well, but it seems to me you are thoughtful, and smart enough to see that you may not be ready as you could be to move on. I admire that in you, and think if your patient with yourself, in time you will be in a better place and can have some fun again, and without a boyfriend.

Jan 18, 2011, 08:55 AM
    I just wish he would stop being so childish.he says things to her he never said to me and he does things he never did for me.she has a child and he doesn't see that she has no time for him like I did. I lost his child recently and told him and he said nothing

Someday I'm fine while other days I'm a wreck and don't know what to do but cry.. sometimes he will see me crying we have all the same classes and he just looks at me like he used to when I would cry
    Expert

Jan 18, 2011, 07:39 PM

I know its hard wanting something that you know you can't have, and seeing him all day long. So close, yet so far, but eventually you will find other, better things to do, and worry about. Just stay away from him as much as you can until you do get better, or find better things to do.

Jan 22, 2011, 07:31 AM
    Ok so here is an update. Th least two days I have felt fine but than last nigh it hit me and I saw that he was telling her on Facebook posts that she is wonderful and perfect and he loves her he never told me that stuff.. And she has him doing sweet things that he never woukld do for me.. He never opened the car door for me and never held my books or sat with me in gym he would always leave me for his friends but I wasn't allowed to have any.. I love him so much and no one seems to understand how ifeel and they are all always yelling at me and saying to leave him alone he doesn't want me.I just feel like I never meant anything to him and no one cares how I'm feeling they make me feel worse bringing it up all the time just to see me cry and just the thought of him I explode. I miss him we had our whole life planned out. I just need to know. I mean I start thinking if he can't talk to me or even look at me than does that mean there are feelings there he doesn't want to come back?. im so hurt and I seriously thought about doing some crazy things like going to his house one day while she isn't there and kissing him or something but I know that won't do anything but make it all worse. I just wish there was something I could say to get him to talk to me.

Feb 8, 2011, 06:37 PM
    How do I get him to notice me without seeming weird?
    So I think this boy is really cute. He is a freshman and I am a senior he is 16 and I'm 17. And he was on the football team with my ex boyfriend. I added this boy on Facebook and than one day I mssgd him after a game on Facebook where you like their status and they rate you and when he gave me a 5 I was like OK its my turn to rate you and I gave him a 7. I never talked to this boy before and I did that. Than one day I just started hitting on him and gave him my number and than I said something about him talking to me and getting to know me better and he had said no hard feelings and he had feelings for his ex still.. Ill text him maybe once or twice and be like hey what's up? And when he says nothing or whatever he is doing I don't reply because I don't know what to say. Than I saw another boy and I added him he also goes to my school and is on the football team and I just messaged him saying I think your cute and gave him my number and told him to text me sometimes. I don't want to seem desperate to them but I want them to know I kind of like them. What are some ways that I couldn't come off as stalkerish. I never talked to them beffore and the first words I said to both guys were over Facebook. Can someone please give me some topics to talk about or something without sounding like I'm desperate or a stalker I mean I don't want to ask too many questions so I haven't said anything to either guy.
    BBKittyKat Posts: 29, Reputation: 12

Feb 9, 2011, 03:21 AM
    To be honest, there's nothing you can do. If a guy likes u, he will chase u. Simple as that. No need for you to get his attention and what not. If a guy needs a girl to approach him and do the chasing, he probably wasn't that into you anyway. Bottom line, do nothing. Make yourself attractive (notice what kind of girls these guys go for and dress like them). I'm not advising you to change yourself. Keep your personality, but it is true that certain guys go for girls with certain looks. Dress the part, be friendly, be confident, and if you do all of the above correctly, you will have guys coming after u ;) Flirt with them, stroke their egos, but do not let them know you want them badly. And most importantly, never give a guy your number. They'll just think u're cheap. What could be worse is giving 2 guys your number! By doing that you are just building a cheap reputation! *no offense*
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2011, 01:59 AM
    Well the first guy was honest and upfront with you so leave him alone he is not interested, you made the first move on both guys and neither has responded so that says niether are interested, don't start dressing like other girls and trying to get their attention you've done that already and your setting yourself up to be either used or really hurt. You been there and done that now move on, stop having boys at the centre of your mind all the time, focus on school work and friends and socializing, someone will come along, you sound like a lovely girl if only a little bit lost, you are desperate for a boyfriend which is fine and you might be ready at 17 to share you time with someone specail, but let it be someone special not just anyone off the football team or what not, they will come to you, and you make YOUR choice, don't let the boys have you as a potential choice.

Feb 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
    What should I do to make it seem like I really like him but I don't want to rush it?
    There is this guy I really like and he tells me that you never know what could happen but gets annoyed when I hit on him and when I ask him if he likes me he says only as a friend but you never know what could happen. And he invited me to bowling with him one night than all of a sudden he couldn't go. When I talk to him he doesn't seem to get annoyed but he tells me to relax and calm down and stuff because he knows I like him. What should I say to him to let him know I really like him and would like to be with him and get to know him like what questions would I ask in a conversation without feeling like I bother him
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2011, 09:26 PM

Well, I think this boy is immature and is just playing with your feelings. He obviously loves the attention that he's getting from you, but is not interested at all. To be honest, that's a good thing, because you don't want this guy to be interested in you. He's a jerk. Find someone that will actually WANT to spend time with you without giving you mixed signals.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Feb 24, 2011, 08:30 AM
    My suggestion is to let this guy go. Whether you like him or not, he is showing no signs of actually liking you back.

If it will pain you to just be friends with him, you should just let him go completely. Do not let him play games with you... and do not play games with him.

Like ISneezeFunny said, this guy seems immature.
    Expert

Feb 24, 2011, 09:38 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...me-544171.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...rd-552710.html

Back up and relax, you are trying to hard. Why did he break your bowling date? Has he made any effort to get your number, or seek YOU out?

You don't chase a guy thats not chasing you.
    miageekid3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Hi

U poor thing I really felt for you reading this.. I've just gone through the same thing about 3 weeks ago, (I've had 4 serious relationships btw) and knew that this person was exactly what I wanted. I have some bad news from personal experience, this is going to hurt so brace yourself. I've been in a few relationships and treated girls differently, and its because of how much I loved them. The girl I broke up with I did the things like your ex is doing for his new girlfriend. To add to that I treated another ex girlfriend who I didn't love as much the same way your ex treated u. to be honest it sounds like he's really fallen for her so much that she has control over the relationship, I don't know your boyfriend but if he is needy as hell this may well turn her off and she mite seek someone else leaving the door open again, but that means waiting around for a long time. Forget that. The thing is you can end up finding the same kind of love again. My first love was amazin, she was flawless, went through 2 other girls and met my 4th and it was like my first love again but even better in some ways. I seriously think you can find someone who will treat you like he's treating his new girlfriend, someone that will love you more. Though if you want him back, be attractive, have genuine fun with friends in his presence, act classy but don't be arrogant. I probably won't hit back here again but don't mind consoling wiv anyone on this matter, email my fb account if you need to
    Aaron banks - grey pic with scarf

Mar 3, 2011, 08:24 PM
    How do I get him to stop being so shy?
    I liked this guy and I told him I liked him and we have no problem txting each other but when it comes being face to face he gets really shy. We started dating and we just hug and he is afraid to come over to me when I'm with my friends so we sat there looking at each other for like ten minutes when he came and saw me sitting by myself. Seeing him being so afraid to talk to me makes me freeze up and get nervous. How do I get him to stop being so shy and actually talk to me in person? He can hold a conversation for hours througgh a text message but in person he just says hi pretty much. Were dating but its just really a hi and a hug in person.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 4, 2011, 06:53 AM
    That's going to be something that he needs to overcome himself. You're going to need to be patient with him. He can't just wake up one morning and stop being shy and you can't just say some magic words to help him. Time and experience and the two biggest factors to help him out.

But you can help him out with the time and experience part by taking the initiative and starting the conversations with him. Once you get a few topics of discussion flowing, it might open him up a bit.

How old are you guys?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

When I talk my lips become sticky and dry .I feel embrass to talk so I [ 1 Answers ]

When I start to talk my lips become dry and sticky,and it gets embrass I need help with this promble,I've tried drinking water,chewing gun ,used mouth spray .

Girlfriend taking a break. To talk or not to talk [ 52 Answers ]

My girlfriend of over a year has decided to take a break. All of a sudden, something clicked in her head and she feels that we're too young to have such a serious relationship. She doesn't want to miss out on all the experiences life has to offer. Mind you, she was always the one who talked about...

View more questions Search