Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jan 13, 2007, 03:15 PM
    52X Burner, going very slow
    Hi everyone. HAppy New YEar! I have a 52X LiteOn Cd writer. When first started using it, it would bun a disc in under 3 minutes. Now, what I noticed, is it burns really fast( or I can hear it going fast) for about 30 secondes, then the speedy noise slows down to nothing and it takes like 6 or 7 minutes to burn the disc. I did a speed check, it says 52X... I did a simulaion burn, and it is quick. But when I go to burn the real disc, its turtle speed after a few seconds. Any ideas Guys/Girls? Thanks, LeeBoy!
    RSM Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

May 7, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeboy
    Hi everyone. HAppy New YEar! I have a 52X LiteOn Cd writer. When first started using it, it would bun a disc in under 3 minutes. Now, what i noticed, is it burns really fast( or i can hear it going fast) for about 30 secondes, then the speedy noise slows down to nothing and it takes like 6 or 7 minutes to burn the disc. I did a speed check, it says 52X....I did a simulaion burn, and it is quick. But when i go to burn the real disc, its turtle speed after a few seconds. Any ideas Guys/Girls? Thanks, LeeBoy!
    Sounds like an a problem related to the drive itself, particularly if you are not experiencing any other issues with devices. Would try a different power supply 4 pin cable from your supply. See if that makes a difference. Any other optical drives behaving the same way? For the price of a new one, it may just pay to go out and get one new for 20 bucks or so...
    jocafer13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2007, 03:57 AM
    You said the simulation disc burns well but when you burn the actual disc it slows down, right?

Possible problems(listed by priority):

1.)The problem could be the file you were trying to burn because there are no other possible relations to the speed of the cd burner. I still recommend you check on it.
    2.)Do you run many programs at a time(including the cd burner program)? It could also be an issue to why you can't burn as effective as before. A normal computer cannot handle too many programs at once so it splits its processing power to all programs(even passive programs like an antivirus running regular maintenance. Power splitted depends by priority).
    3.)Another problem could be the disc you were trying to use. Sometimes discs are not exactly straight as they are. Some discs(usually fake discs) are slightly curved or had some malfunctions while it was being manufactured.
    Leeboy Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jul 27, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Hey Guys and Girls. Thanks for the help. And the answer is... I was using crummy no name brand discs... tried a memorex and the speed picked up to normal... Thanks for the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd burner [ 1 Answers ]

Step by step procedure to download songs on cd( I do have cd burner)

My burner suddenly started to go slow [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I got my new laptop and started burning music cd's it took around 5 min to completely burn it. And now all of asudden it takes like 20 min to burn a cd and I'm doing every thing the same? I don't no what to do to get it back to normal?

CD Burner help [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I need some help. I recently got a computer. By recently I mean I got it around sometime toward the end of October. Anyway my problem is that my cd burner has stopped working. Like it plays DVD's and plays audio music it just won't recognize a blank cd and allow me to burn. The most I've used...

Cd burner [ 3 Answers ]

all right I don't know if this is the right section but I just got a cd burner from a friend and I need to hook it up to my computer. Somehow?? Its just the little box where the cd goes.its a BURN- proof 16x10x40x. On the back it has all these little prongy thingys that say: digital audio,analog...

View more questions Search