Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patrickky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 10:25 AM
    My pvc drain pipe for my tub cracked.. How do I replace it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2011, 05:03 PM
    Is it easily accessible? If so, you can repair it 2 ways. Get 2 PVC couplings and a piece of Sched 40 pipe, cut out the bad section and solvent cement the repair pieces in. Another way is to use a compression coupling. It is a PVC cylinder with gaskets and twist connectors on the end. Cut the pipe, separate the coupling and put the cap on the ends, the gasket and then slide the coupling over the cut. Tighten the ends. They are very good for low pressure use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pushing a PVC pipe into a cracked cast iron pipe? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an older house with plastered walls. Our vertical sewer pipe is cast iron and badly cracked. We will have to open the wall in the bathroom where the pipes run to replace the vent pipe. Is it possible to push pvc pipe into the old cast iron pipe from above? We are trying to avoid opening...

Cracked pvc pipe [ 7 Answers ]

I have a crack on the bottom of my pvc pipe that comes out of the bottom of my tub.To replace it it looks like I would have to raise my tub because there is a beam close to it and I can't turn it where it is.I was wondering if there is any kind of compound I could use to seal the crack or should I...

Cracked/Crumbled tub drain pipe, best way to repair. [ 6 Answers ]

House built in the 50's, and the original drain pipe from the 1st floor tub extends about 12" down into the garage below. This pipe has cracked/crumbled right at the elbow (has a small bend that looks like a 5" trap) before running horizontal with the garage ceiling. What is the best way to fix...

Replace sch 40 pvc to cast iron saddle 4 in pvc pipe broke [ 4 Answers ]

Replace sch 40 pvc into cast iron saddle with lead pvc pipe broke off even with lead packing what is the easiest way to remove pvc and lead to replace it

Pvc tub drain to abs pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new white PVC tub drain kit, and I need to install a trap and hook it into an existing ABS drain/vent. The tub drain has a threaded fitting (which the instruction sheet calls "PVC adapter") at the bottom outlet of the T, which attaches to the T with a "polywasher" and "compression nut"...

View more questions Search