Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karengmaxwell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 10:20 AM
    Furnace gas valve make clunking noise
    I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY BRAND NEW TOP OF THE LINE LENNOX MODEL #SLP98UHV FURNACE. It happened with the old furnace as well. When the gas valve opens (when the heat comes on) it makes a CLUNKING sound. Annoying as it comes on often since its been very cold outside.

A Lennox is supposed to be quiet! Guaranteed. Repair guys have been here several times and 2 days ago they apparently repaired the valve / solenoid. It was quiet for 36 hours, then began clunking again!! I am worried, since it is after all, a gas valve. Can anyone please help me understand why this is happening and if it is in fact normal. Losing sleep over worrying the valve will stck permanently or destroy the solenoid.

Can someone help me please. Those repairs guys as I say have been here 3 times, so I am not sure I trust what they have (haven't) done here. Why is it clunking??

Thamesville, ON

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Trane Furnace makes loud clunking noise when goes on and off [ 6 Answers ]

I have a gas Trane furnace, new in 2004, it has started making a loud clunking noise when it starts up and when the cycle ends. What is this noise, and how do I remedy it? I have a new filter that I can put in. Thank You. Sheri Tavens

Thumping noise when my furnace gas valve opens [ 0 Answers ]

I have a colman down draft L.P furnace 7 years old. When the gas valve opens there is a loud thump. The sound like some one thumping on the side of a metal drum. The flame is blue to the defuser and then turns yellow at the tips.

Gas furnace clunking [ 1 Answers ]

Trane gas furnace, at least 11 years old, mounted in attic. Earlier tonight it started making a "clunk clunk" sound, followed about three seconds later by a fainter single "click". A couple of seconds later it starts again with the "clunk clunk." Turn the furnace off and everything stops. Wait...

Furnace makes a clunking noise on starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fairly new central heating system (within 10 years old), and recently the gas furnace makes a clunking sound about 15 seconds before the blower kicks in. Any suggestions on what to look at before calling a pro? Thanks! Sheri

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.