Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axl1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 07:37 PM
    I am desperate for help finding a book title from my childhood
    I don't know the book title, author or any of the characters. I believe it is part of a series or trilogy but not positive. I know it was written before 1983. It is a science fiction / fantasy. What I remember about the story is that a group of humans are being held against their will by an alien human like race. The humans are forced to wear some kind of golden necklace or collar that can not be removed. The collars are controlled by the alians minds. They produce pain, etc. to control the humans The aliens have other powers I believe. The story is set on the aliens world which is somewhat like Earth. The aliens are all tall, thin, beautiful, intellegent. Some are quite cruel, some compassionate.

I have used a number of search engins available on the internet with no success. I have been to a few book stores to talk to employees and check their computers and shelves
    I appreciate any help you can provide.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 13, 2011, 08:05 PM

Ok, now I am racking my brain here also.

I remember a British TV series in which people were trapped on an island controlled by aliens. These people had a medallion around their necks that controlled them and they tried to escape constantly. There was also a huge moving ball that came after them when they tried.

The lead in this was a man with short hair that mainly wore a white turtle neck shirt with a V neck sweater...

I checked the web can't find it however I think it was is the late 60's or early 70's.

Stringer
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jan 14, 2011, 12:02 AM
    "I remember a British TV series in which people were trapped on an island controlled by aliens. These people had a medallion around their necks that controlled them and they tried to escape constantly. There was also a huge moving ball that came after them when they tried."

I'm sorry I can't help the original poster
    But the ball/bubble reminds me of Rover
    From,.

The Prisoner

It's been out there for awhile. There's
    Been several series that have referenced or
    Parodied the series, and there was recently
    A new miniseries
    meowwl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Almost sounds like it could be Julian May's Pliocene Exile Saga Or possibly The Halfblood Chronicles by Mercedes Lackey and the late Andre Norton

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the title of my favorite childhood book as I've forgoten! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all... I'm looking for the title of my favorite childhood book. All I can remember is was a story about boy, (I think his name may have been Alex but count on that!) that receives a package & it's a kind of door into another world where's Kings of these two (?) worlds/kingdoms, there's a place...

Desperate to find the title of this obscure book. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody! Years ago I was digging through a box of old books left at a home my family moved into. I loved reading the story and would LOVE to read them again. This has been a constant aggravation for me for about 4 years and I stumbled upon this site today while, once again, searching for...

Desperate for Book Title/Author! [ 1 Answers ]

I borrowed and read a great book years ago that I can't stop thinking about and would really like to read again. The problem is, I can't remember the title or author of the book! Unfortunately, most of the story is jumbled together now, but here are the bits and pieces I can remember... A...

View more questions Search