Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a1118374 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 06:25 PM
    Panasonic phone problem (ringing during use)
    Hi

My digital cordless panasonic phone KX-TG4381AL is making a short constant ringing noise during phone calls. Any ideas what the problem could be? I have checked with modem off so dsl filter doesn't seem to be the problem

Thanks
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2011, 05:53 PM

I am not an expert on this matter but I thought that safety features precluded this from happening due to the possible injury to the ear. I don't believe this phone was designed with circuitry allowing it to ring while in use. Design flaw or faulty phone or improper wirong? Check the safety warnings (which I never read) in front of owner's manual.
    a1118374 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Sorry, what I meant was ringing through the phone (as in similar to the noise when waiting for someone to answer, but a shorter and more frequent beeping noise
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2011, 07:05 AM

Just shooting in the dark here.
    Have you tried with modem off and filter removed?
    Did this hookup work OK previously and problem just started?
    Have you tried another phone?
    Could a neighbor with same type phone be causing interference?
    Does it happen regardless of who you call?
    Have you checked with phone company?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Echoing in the panasonic phone [ 1 Answers ]

I had a echo in the phone but now it is gone I can't hear the other person on the phone when it rings but they can hear me what is wrong a connection problem?

Intermittent phone not ringing [ 4 Answers ]

Occasionally, say 1 in 100 incoming calls do not produce a 'ring' in the house. This was about 1 in 20, but following advice found here and on other sites, I disconnected everything from the BT incomer, and tested that with a simple handset calling 'home' with my mobile. I then progressively...

Panasonic KX-TG2730 phone--how do I use the answer machine? [ 1 Answers ]

I have the Panasonic KX-TG2730 phone which works fine but I don't know how to activate the answer machine--I now has the standard voicemail that the phone came with. I want to put in my own voicemail--but I can't figure out how to do it? Can you help?

Panasonic digital gigarange cordless phone [ 1 Answers ]

I have the above mentioned telephone receiver which had its "Dial" Locked and the user even forgot the password they used to lock so we cannot unlock the Dial.The question is :How do I unlock this phone so that we can sue it once again to make calls? I have tried to look for a CMOS battery inside...

View more questions Search