Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LegalBeagle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Judgment effect on Promissory Note
    When a promissory note has been taken to court and a judgment entered, does this remove the security interest in the property which secured the note?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2007, 06:09 AM
    No, it does not, it means that the security interest in what is secured can now be taken to satisfy the promissory note.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2007, 01:52 PM
    I wouldn't think so. The property in question should still be valid collateral for the note.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Agree as above, now that they have the judgement they can make a motion to take the property used as security.

And of course do other actions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Omitted from Thank You Note [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first posting here and I appreciate your help. My step-son, who lives several hundred miles from us, was invited to meet his new girlfriend’s parents at Thanksgiving. They hosted him for a couple of days and of course Thanksgiving dinner. I arranged to have flowers sent to...

A note that I think will help Many People on Here [ 7 Answers ]

This may be a little bit of a ramble but I think I see a reoccuring problem many people have on here. #1 Nothing is ever set in stone on how to make a relationship work. Because not every woman or man thinks the same, walks the same or handles problems and relationships the same #2 Put...

Advice for a Promissory Note [ 4 Answers ]

About 3 years ago. I signed a promissory note from a friend who owned his own business to help me start up a business that he thought would be good for me. Our relationship dissolved almost three months after the promissory note was drafted. I have not heard from them until I received a letter...

Getting a car note out my name [ 1 Answers ]

I have a car that I pay a high car note and I tried to refinance it but I paid way too much for the car and they won't I have a friend that would take over the note how do we put it in her name now if she has bad credit,I don't want to take her word that she will pay it I want to be completely rid...

Promissory Note [ 3 Answers ]

I lent money to a so-called "friend" of mine where I had him sign a Promissory note. The promissory note explained the terms for re-payment. It also clearly stated the consequences in case of default. I also had a security agreement with his home and the contents being the collateral. I have...

View more questions Search