Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbennett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 02:59 PM
    Computers will be on 24/7
    Hi, I work for a transportation company and we are looking to buy 5 new computers. We will run a dispatcher software on all of them and they will connected to our server. The computer will be on 24 hours 7 days a week. Because our space is limited I was looking in to all in one computers but some people told me they are not good to be on all the time, the maintenance is more expensive and that they will have a shorter life time. Is that true? Or what computer should I get? And the software company said I can get any kind as long as they are 32 bit. Thank you
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 07:00 PM

What do you mean all in one computers?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2011, 07:23 PM

I wouldn't get consumer all in ones. But HP has a line of business class AIOs that should suit.
    Network_Admin Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2011, 03:15 PM
    If the requirement is for them to be on 24/7 then it is what it is. It's a point that has benefits both ways.
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question328.htm
    You should not expect to get more than 4-5 years out of the systems anyway. I am not sold on the all in ones yet and I would suggest purchasing these models, which are also space savers. I would suggest the Optiplex line in the small form factor models, such as here.
    http://www.dell.com/us/en/enterprise/desktops/optiplex-380/pd.aspx?refid=optiplex-380&s=biz&cs=555
    You should always have at least one spare on hand anyway. And if you have a monitor go out, you would not have to pull the whole computer, just replace the monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computers: what is an economic (and idiotproof)way of networking two home computers? [ 1 Answers ]

The prioncipal computer is Windows 7 model, and I wish to bring an older computer into the same operating status re broadband etc. What equipment and cabling is necessary?

Before Computers. [ 1 Answers ]

An application was for employment A program was a TV show A cursor used profanity A keyboard was a piano! Memory was something that you lost with age A CD was a bank account And a floppy disk was something Terribly wrong in your back.

Two computers, what to use the other one for? [ 3 Answers ]

I am using two comps at the same time. Both monitors for both computers are on the same desk, same with the keyboards and mouse. This is a windows vista home basic Compaq Presario SR5110nx and the other is a Windows XP Compaq Presario SR1603WM. The XP has 70gb of hd and this has 120gb.. I am...

Computers other [ 1 Answers ]

In what way is the knowledge needed to operate complex devices different from the knowledge neede to acquire and configure them?

Two computers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can someone help me with the following I need to connect two computers together so I can read the information of one of them whilst at the other my only problem is one of the PC is at my place of work and the other is at my home what is the best way to do this

View more questions Search