Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akeya95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2011, 02:08 PM
    My Mother and I just can't seem to get along... What do I do to stop this problem?
    Im 15 about to turn 16 and my mother treats me like I'm retarded. She screams and yells at me and tells me Im stupid. She hits me and I try not to fight back but its hard when you have someone constantly in your face telling you that you're dumb and gone be a stupid girl. It hurts a lot and I don't think she relizes it. I don't know what to do. When I try to talk to her about it she just turns it all on me and tells me that Im being the victim and Im not. I cry so much because of her and she acts as if Im going to mess up and end up with a baby and Im not doing things like that. Im not even sexaully active, the only thing I have done was kiss my boyfriend.
    But can someone help me I really need someone to talk to or some advise so please.
    peterbranton Posts: 123, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
    Ok I can see you really need help, first thing you're a good girl and well done for being as you are even though your mother doent believe you don't fall into the trap of just doing bad things to rebel against your mother.

You need to understand that it is your mother that has a problem not you! you are going to have to treat her yourself, its OK I will help you. I will give you some immediate advise but if you can answer some questions for me I can help you and your mother more.

The violence has to stop immediately don't be afraid think clearly phone the police its OK it seems drastic but it will bring it to a head in the sense of she has to stop the violence imeiatly so therefore no longer being an option do you understand ? The police will not proicute her unless you wish it even if you call them a 1000 times they will do nothing execpt stop her at that time OK so don't worry.

Can you tell me more about your history and your familys history as in mum dad etc, can you please also tell me of any human behaviour that stands out either before or after when she is like this? And is there any reason why she should be thinking like this?

Don't worry your not in the wrong and your not alone people can and will help you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
    Akeya, you are a minor, and it is a serious matter when you are being abused. No adult under any circumstances can take their anger out on a child physically.

There are many things you can do. One is to speak to a school counsellor and tell her exactly what you have said here. Provide as much detail as you can so she has a clear picture of what you are dealing with.

If you have a father in the picture, and he is not living in the home but you have contact with him, arrange to meet him and discuss this with him.

You could speak to your boyfriends mother, an aunt, a trusted neighbour, a grandparent, a friend of the family, a clergy person, a kids help phone, the CPS, your family Doctor, a teacher that you know. You could talk to any number of people who would help you.

As long as you do not take action, and this fighting continues without anyone knowing what is going on, nothing will improve.

You asked how to stop the problem, and the only answer is, you need to take that first step to get help.
    laureybear Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2012, 10:54 PM
    Heythere.

I'm honestly in the same situation as you. I'm sixteen and my mother and I don't get along and there's nothing you can do. I understand the screaming, the yelling the "you're wrong part" when you try and explain. I've been in deep depression and close suicide because of it. My advice is stay strong, try not to push her buttons and stay out of her way. Maybe when she's out at work, unload the dishwasher for her at least you can say you're making an effort. I reckon go counselor about it like at school, just open up & tell them how you're feeling. My mother once said, "I hope you keeped your underwear on, when I came home from a girlfriends sleep over" It's honestly hell. I've been though it & still going through it. :/ Just stay strong, speak to friends about it, if you're crying go to a close friend, they'll always be there for you. Just stay out of her way, and try help out. The first few months from now, are going to be hell :/ but there will be light at the end of the tunnel, promise. I'm here for stranger, I've been through the same thing& still going through it. <3 If you ever need someone to speak too, I'm right here, just email me - [email protected]

You can get through this <3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother stop a dad getting guardianship? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 5 she was going with her dad but now for the past 4 months she won't go I made her go for few hours on a sat but wouldn't leave her home when I asked so I stopped access because I couldn't trust him to take her and leave her back he pays 20 euro a week now he wants guardianship...

How do I get my mother to stop hating my husband [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and my mother had a falling out. My mom thinks my husband is a bum. My husband does not disrespect her he has his own ideas and views. We are in our 40's and my mom keeps sending me little jabs by saying my husband is cutting ties with my family and myself and that is just not true at...

How do I stop my mother from running me down all the time? [ 7 Answers ]

I am in my early forties, and my mother continually runs me to the ground to my family. I believe she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It was extremely difficult being raised by her and even though I do my best to keep myself safe from her, I have other family members passing on her...

How to stop hating my mother [ 2 Answers ]

I hate my mother but at the same time I respect her. I tend to do self-destructive things just to make her upset. I know I am hurting myself and I should not hate my mother but I don't know how to change. I frankly wonder if it is even possible to change. What should I do?

View more questions Search