Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    user2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 10:33 PM
    Check disk local disk c
    When I select the scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors then restart computer for checking, during the action almost in step for the checking stopped and I have to restart computer so can not complete the check disk what should have done?
    DBurstiner Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Two possible reasons here. One is that the computer is trying to check a file or files that are in use. This is probably because your email or other application is starting automatically. Scandisk or Chkdsk will detect and stop. A better choice is to use Spinrite from www.grc.com. It's fairly expensive but there is no better hard drive repair and maintenance program, for spinning media, not solid state drives. No, I do not have any affiliation with GRC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Local Disk (C:) Properties [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to do a disk check but when I do it manually it always exits halfway through and when I run the DOS program and physically enter chkdsk /F it says that ""access denied as you dont have sufficient privilages. You have to invoke this utility running in an elevated mode" What does that...

Local Disk (C:) Properties [ 2 Answers ]

When I click on my Local Dick (C:) Properties and go to Tools, and then: check Automatically fix file system errors: I always get this message: The disk check could not be performed because exclusive access to the drive could not be obtained. Do you want to schedule this disk ckeck to occur the...

Local Disk [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I just want to ask, since I don't know what to do yesterday about my 2 local disk partition, I decided to re-install the OS, and delete all the local partition that I have. What's left to me is the C:\ drive, I lost the drive that has a 7.8 MB free space. Is there a way I can retrieve...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I really thought that way. But when I check the contents of the remaining local disk it is still the same. I mean before I formatted the contents of d:\ drive is 18.6 GB and the C:\ drive is 7.8 MB after formatting, I really don't know where did the 7.8 MB contents of C:\ drive goes,...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly help, My laptop has 2 local disk c:\ and D:\ how can I make it just one. My C:\ DRIVE has a 7.8 MB free space I want to transfer it to D:\ DRIVE who has A 18.5 MB free space. Your Kind help is very much appreaciated. Br, Yolly

View more questions Search