Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smitdog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
    Does ssdi auxiliary payments count as child support in nys
    I was told by csu that ssdi auxiliary payments don't count as child support in nys my ex owes almost 27000 in arrears she never filed for modification when she was approved for ssdi support order is 69200 per month which she has not paid in over 2 years. I have 2 boys who receive 522.00 a month in auxiliary payments from ss. Does this cover the child support obligation or is she still responsible for the 692.00
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2011, 12:01 PM

I am in NY - she is responsible for the child support which was ordered. Part of that can come from any source (SSI or something else) but she owes the balance.

You need to go to Court and have her held in contempt - child support can be withheld from her SS check (if she gets one).

If she were smart she would have gone back to Court for a modification of the Order. Wonder why she hasn't done that...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to receive child support payments and SSDI for dependants? [ 6 Answers ]

My ex husband began receiving SSDI payment as of March, 2009. He also had not made any child support payments in just as long, with his tax return in 2009 being the most recent payment, and the tax return from the year before that the next most recent payment. He emailed me a few days ago out of...

Can Child Support Garnish VA Disability or All Of SSDI Payments [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I first off was wondering if child support can garnish, in any way, VA Disability IF the non-custodial parent is in arrears? Second, I'm going to have my child support modified in where he will more than likely be paying more to child support than he recieved in SSDI benefits. Can Child...

SSDI and child support back payments [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-husband was recently approved for SSDI benefits, beginning Dec. 2008. He has another child from a previous marriage, who turned 18 in Jan. 2010. He also has a step-daughter from his current marriage, but he never listed her on his original SSDI application, so she will not be eligible for...

What if court ordered child support is more than ssdi payments [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to... My ex-husband was ordered by the courts to pay 96.00 (total) per week in child support for 2 children... That figures out to be 416.00 per month, or 4992.00 per year. A couple years ago, he started to collect SSDI, and at that time,...

Child support and ssdi payments to mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I just started collecting ssdi benefits for 1625.00 a month. Wellmy first check is coming and it already reduced and cutvin half for support of my 9 year old. Ok that's not a problem how ever I am still paying support to probation. My ex-wife is lazy and not applying for ssdi through my...

View more questions Search