Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SMilner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 10:18 PM
    Furnace turning itself off??
    Our forced air gas furnace has an electrical pilot light and an electronic thermostat. Twice in the past month, I have realized it isn't blowing and have gone down and flipped the little light switch off, waited for the system to go silent, then flipped it back on and had the furnace come back to life, blow nice warm air and act like nothing happened. What the heck? Is our pilot light going out? I keep the filters changed about monthly, it has a clean one now. It is about 10 years old. Any ideas? Thank you!
    angeladk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Try cleaning the flame sensor and or replacing it. Usually is the problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace turning itself off? [ 0 Answers ]

Our forced air gas furnace has an electrical pilot light, I'm pretty sure. Twice in the past month, I have realized it isn't blowing and have gone down and flipped the little light switch off, waited for the system to go silent, then flipped it back on and had the furnace come back to life, blow...

Furnace not turning on. [ 0 Answers ]

I just lit my pilot light and is running fine, but furnace won't kick on when thermostat is engaged. I just installed a new fan limit switch(Honeywell) and the blower works fine. Furnace is a GE model no. 21LU100A2A and thermostat is model 3AHT10B1A2, 30 volts AC, 2.0 amp.

Furnace not turning on [ 3 Answers ]

My heater furnace is not turning on. The fan turns on and the outside compressor is on, but it only blows cold air.

Fan/Furnace not turning on [ 5 Answers ]

Problem started last night. Before bed I went to turn the temp down on the thermostat. I got the clicking sound from the thermostat indicating that it was sending a connection to the fan. No fan turned on. I went above the desired temp and it clicked again. Back down below and again another click....

Furnace not turning on. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. New to this but here goes. I have a Rheem RGMC-125A propane furnace that is 24 years old. Never any problems till this winter. Is has a constant pilot flame. We lit the pilot and it works properly. When we turn on the thermostat, it clicks but nothing turns on. The burners do not...

View more questions Search