Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambermathews Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Do I have to pay a full months rent?
    My ceiling fell threw in my 3 bedroom apt 2 days after xmas its been 3 1/2 weeks I have already paid half of my rent should I pay all of it ? Or should I only be charged for a 2 bedroom?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 08:24 PM

What did your ceiling fan do ? Fell ? Stopped working ?

But yes of course that has nothing to do with your rent due.
    Where they notified, did you notify them in writing / Have you informed them that if they don't fix by a certain date you will have it fixed and hold it out of the rent ( send them a reciept)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2011, 08:43 PM
    A chunk of ceiling fell, it seems. How big, and what is showing where it was? Were you able to clean up the plaster?
    Agreed, always tell landlords in writing.
    Withholding rent is best if you give it to a lawyer to hold. Your problem could get lost in the process if they start eviction.
    When you write your note, mention the town Building Inspector and Health Dept are next.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2011, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ambermathews View Post
    should i only be charged for a 2 bedroom?
    Hello a:

Before I tell you what to do, you need to tell me what you've already done, and what the landlord did or didn't do. Why did you pay half your rent? Who told you to do that? Was it OK with your landlord??

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occupant lived in home for 3 months promising to pay rent and then bailed out. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best process for suing an old occupant for 3 months ($3900) of unpaid rent in Sacramento, California? If occupant was named on the lease as girlfriend living with BF(primary renter), do we have any luck of suing her for unpaid rent as she remained living in home with agreement to pay...

No contract but I'm being charged a full months rent but I have vacated by the 15th [ 1 Answers ]

I'm being charged for a full months rent even though I have vacated by the 15th. No contract was ever written and I gave slightly less then a 30 days notice. My question is what amount am I obligated to pay, my landlord is my boss and I feel that if I don't pay in full he won't fire me but my hours...

Moving out do I have to pay my last months rent, if I paid it in my sec. Dep? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm moving out of my apartment Dec 1st and I want to know, if I paid my last months rent when I paid my security deposit, does it mean I don't have to pay rent for the last month that I'm living here. I gave my 30 day notice, and it was my choice to move out. Please advise.

Tenants won't pay for last months rent. [ 1 Answers ]

I gave my tenants 30 day notice since there lease is up. Now they won't pay the rent for the last month and also the water bill. What actions do I need to take?

Landlord is broke, should I pay last months rent or leave the deposit? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello all.. I'm from Cali and here is my problem. I signed a year lease Mar 07. This past Sept. the landlord tells me they are selling due to ARM loan and the mortgage now being double of what it was before. They were going through financial hardships and would not beable to refinance or...

View more questions Search