Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjoshi2978 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 05:52 PM
    H1B Visa Stamping from India
    I am currently working in US.. on my H1B. My last visa got expired in Sep 2009. Before expiration, I had initiated the process of tranfer/extenstion on my H1b with an employer A. I was supposed to get paid for my work in Aug, Sep, Oct, Non, 2009 which I never received from Employer A and neither received any H1 documents from him. Employer A was a fraud consulting company and they never applied or put my H1B petition in USCIS. I came to know that fact when DOL Department of Labor informed me in June 2010. I started preparing for H1B petition through another employer B since then. They put up my case in Sep 2010 and it got approved in Dec 2010. They took it as a new case and gave me I797 notice but never gave me I94. I now need to go back to India to do my H1b stamping. I am worried of my chances of getting the Visa at Mumbai Consulate because I had been staying illegally in US. I assume that is the only reason why they did not gave me I94. Now What do you suggest for my case? What are my chances of getting approved? Can I go to Canada or Mexico for stamping? Do I have any better prospect for getting approval in India or other countries like Canada or Mexico? What kind of inquiries I can expect from Consulate officer for my case?

Check out some similar questions!

H1b visa stamping delay [ 3 Answers ]

HI , I have been asked by the chennai US consulate to send passport for h1b visa stamping. But since I am out of country and cannot go immediately. Please let me know for how long can I delay it? Thanks Syed

How to apply h1b visa from india [ 1 Answers ]

I have question I am into animation field is there any chance me to apply h1 visa

Hi, I hold a H1B visa in India processed by previous company. [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I hold a H1B visa in India processed by previous company. I did not travel to USA on my Previous company. Now I changed to new company. I understand H1B visa can be used here by applying Premium Processing. Please guide me on this more. Can I new Just a quick question.

When can I apply for H1B Visa from India [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My question is related to when I can apply for H1B Visa from India, as I have some information that there are H1B visa lot for every year and this year it has been filled. Do you know when is it going to open again for me to apply? Thanks for all your help and assistance.

Residence of India entering in US with H1B Visa (Tax Query) [ 1 Answers ]

I am an married Indian residence. I am planing to come US with H1B visa in the month of November-07. My monthly Salary will be $5000. My job location will be in Ohio. How much should I pay as a TAX to US. If after 3 month I call my wife & daughter with H4 visa. Will it help me in tax saving. If...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.