Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinytiger Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 04:21 PM
    Bad healthcare scare
    I have experienced really shocking treatment by certain healthcare providers, by doctors,nurses,counslers,etc.Not only have I been down right shocked by things ,first hand but have seen so many awful things happen to others!Treatment that is appalling ,abusive,degrading,dangerous and sometimes illegal.I am saddened by people who cannot speak up or ask for help.They are TARGETS for these unethical health care practitioners.I feel helpless and afraid.I am mentally & physically scarred by what has been done to me and the things ,I have witnessed happening to people much more powerless than I.I am afraid to go for healthcare.I feel responsible to speak up for those who can't.I am considering writing a book to expose these issues , at length... for the purpose of correcting even some of the injustices.These are the people who we all depend on to save us or heal us or advise us,etc.These are the people who are so easily able to harm us.I am tired of being vulnerable and mistreated.I would like to expose these people.Call them by name and warn the public about what they have done.I would be willing to stand by my stories with lie detector tests.Even though it would be true... could I get into trouble for telling my TRUE stories to the public?I have also worked in the healthcare field and have seen some unbelievable things.People need to be aware! How can I do this and not get into trouble? Thanks for any advice!!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 04:39 PM

I am sorry you feel so vehemently about healthcare they way you have experienced it. It isn't possible that it is as bad as you say in all areas of the world. Maybe in just your small world, tinytiger.

I am in healthcare, as are a few experts here as well, and we do our best to make people comfortable and happy with their extended care in this field.

You can tell your stories without getting into trouble as long as you do it without naming names, pinpointing arreas and generally being on good behavior, but if you have to get it off your chest, do so.

I for one stand by my profession.

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 05:56 PM

What a crock, you feel that you need to do something, so, do you call the dept of health, do you call the AMA, do you call state licensing departments, do you ( if it applies) report them to medicare or medicaid, for their inspectors to come in. Or even call the newspaper so they could investigate

No you want to write a book about it, that may take moneys or years to write, if you can even find someone to publish it, and then may not even sell.

Can you be sued, if you write a book, yes, unless you can prove everything, ( well they can sue you even if you can prove it, and they can make you prove it, and they will try to show your evidence is all wrong. So do you have 10's of thousands of dollars for attorneys, they will.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 03:47 PM

You have no idea what I have seen, tinytiger. Don't underestimate what I have written. I have seen lots, I can't mention, so do tell what you want to, we are waiting.

Tick
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 03:49 PM

You are so sure of what you know. So go ahead my dear. I challenge you to divulge what you know and what you have seen... go ahead... chuck isn't a crock, he has seen probably more then me, enough for his lifetime or mine as well.

Go to it
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 03:50 PM

Oh and stop using the comment feature it limits our (yours and ours) ability to communicate, but then, that's probably why you are using it, eh ?
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 04:04 PM

We all stand up for each other because that is what this forum is all about, helping people who have legitimate problems, you do not my dear. You don't have enough nerve to follow up on what you want to do, so you come here and harrass us. Just do it and stop complaining about your problems.

Ti ck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I scare her away [ 5 Answers ]

I ask this woman out on Monday. We had talked and walked with each other earlier and I enjoyed her company. I ask her to dinner at the end of our walk on Monday she agreed and told me she was coming off a relationship and it would be friends. I agreed by saying yes when I go out with someone new I...

Man with a scare? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! A little while ago I psted a question about seeing ghosts and a few days later a man with a scare under his right eye starting following me but no one else could see him so I told my friend and she thimks that maybe someone on this website knows him so I said it's worth a try.He is in his early...

Healthcare versus non healthcare business planss [ 1 Answers ]

What is important in a healthcare business plan that is not ordinarily included in a non-healthcare plan?

I'm scare [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Well I Have A Q's And Need An Answer Soon!! Well I Think I Have Hpv Cancer Or Something I Have These Bumps And The Kind of Look Like Coldsores But They Don't Hurt At All Well There Located In My Vagina Near The Clitoris On The Side And Im Scared To Go To The Doctor To Ask. Well I Got Tested For...

View more questions Search