Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Felicide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 11:22 AM
    Can I report this person for fraud?
    We know a woman who for several years has moved around from boyfriend to boyfriend, as she gets bored of them easily or rather their uses run out. She has no physical job, or car, or any responsibilities so she has tons of time on her hands which she mostly spends online playing a game (or looking for her next victim as we like to say). She goes after vulnerable, lonely, and low self-esteem men who live by themselves and have a stable job. And continues to work her way into their hearts by telling them tons of sympathy stories, aka lies. Last year, she came to California for a convention and stayed for about 3-4 weeks so she can look for a place to hire her so she can obtain a work visa. The person she was staying with paid for her flight ticket here and for back. During her time here there was at least one online chat where she stated she was was trying to stay here in America instead of going back, so her and fellow people in that chat channel shared ideas. Keep in mind that she was here on the Visa Waiver Program as a tourist. When no job offers cam up and her time ran out, she decided to go to her mother's place in the UK as before her visit she conveniently broke up with her "long time boyfriend" who she lived with for about a year-ish. While she was there in the UK she cried and whined at anyone who would listen that she was homeless (while still using the internet somehow) as to get attention. A man (11 years her senior)who is also playing the same online game as she is answered her prayers. Though recently divorced last year himself (10 years of a cheating and unhappy marriage), with two children, he paid for a ticket for her to come to Texas and stay with him for 3 months while she attempted to still find a way to live in America permanently. And so only being in the UK for a week or two, she was back here. She at first attempted to start a business by selling either baked goods or paintings to people in the US, but no one took to buying from her. However, about 5 days into this visit, she announced she and him were engaged. Of course, many of her online friends and even some family members were skeptical and some close friends started telling her it looked like a sham marriage, in which she promptly removed them from her online life. Then she updated her social page by posting a picture of themselves (the happy newly engaged couple) and claiming her love for this man.

About a few more days after that she started commenting about hiring a lawyer but it would be expensive, a few grand, so once again she called attention to herself about her situation by whining about it and crying to others who don't know any better and still don't. Of course the man she's now engaged to is completely infatuated with her and even if we try to explain to him about what she's truly aiming for, well it's a lost cause, as she tends to remove people from her online life who do know her past so they won't tell her future new friends or others about it. So far they have received their wedding bands and I suppose are planning to get married ASAP.

So I would like to know, is any of this reportable for fraud? For example, she's here on the Visa Waiver Program but is clearly intending on adjusting status. Even if the marriage later can't be proved as fraudulent (as she's a very very good liar and knows how to manipulate others very well), she doesn't intend on going back so she lied to the Immigration Officer at the border check-in, or whatever. And if it is reportable, what number do I call?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2011, 11:39 AM

Basically you can report anyone for anything. I have no idea why you would.

What is your interest in this? I doubt a casual observer would take the time to write out this lengthy explanation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 11:41 AM

What fraud ? Is she working on a tourist visa ? If no, she is free to apply and try to change status, happens all the time.

So she is willing to have lower morals and sleep with men to get what she wants, maybe report her to your preacher, but not really illegal or 1/2 of Hollywood may be in jail.

But if you feel you must ( and I guess why do you care) call up the immigration office and give them all the info you know, you will need to provide your name and info and how you know these things,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whow can I report a person who charge a person to make him a ligal person in the usa [ 3 Answers ]

A woman that married an illigal immigrant to get him his resident card by charging him money they bught a house under bouth names to present to immigration that they are living together but the truth is they live separe he lives with the mother of his children and she lives with her grilfrien she...

H1 b Fraud report. [ 2 Answers ]

Who do I & how do I report about the company who is filing H1b for foreign immigrants & using many fake documents.

How does one report marriage fraud? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know how to report 2 American Citizens who traveled to the Philippines to marry 2 people just to bring them back to America. The 2 american citizens each received sizeable lump sums for these favors... All 4 are residing in San jose Ca.

Report fraud (?) [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if you can help me with a case of possible fraud? My mother-in- law received a temporary license in the mail from someone she knew once that lives in canada.. with my mother in laws address on the license! The woman clearly does not live there. Her land line phone number comes up...

How to report immigration fraud [ 1 Answers ]

How do I report someone who holds a Green Card but commits fraud by not living in the US, further using an address in the US to collect child support, although children are not living in US?

View more questions Search