Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esposti33 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Hard disk is using 6GB that I can't see
    My C drive is 20 GB and it shows I'm using almost19 GB But in windows explorer on my C drive Document & Settings, Program Files and Windows only add up About 13 GB (that 's all on my C drive). Showing my hidden files does not reveal anything. Wear are those gigs is my question.
    Nexis Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 09:46 PM
    If the computer was purchased from Dell, Gateway, HP or somewhere else similar, it may be that the hidden space is used as a recovery partition for when there are problems with your computer. Now days OEM computers do not ship with system recovery discs. Instead, they put everything into a hidden partition.

If you need another answer, please provide more information. Make and Model would help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Unallocated hard disk [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings I have a PC with two hard disks, when I go to Computer management it says unallocted for the second hard disk. Someone please help. :confused: :(

Can't see hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I have two hard disks,one of 40 GB and the other of 200 GB.On the first one I had a 10 GB primary partition and a 30 GB extended one.on the primary partition was installed windows xp.n the extended partition there were two logical drives,one of 20 Gb and the other of 10 GB.I had installed linux on...

Hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

BIOS detects the hard disk and but in hard disk configuration I did not see the cylindar and Track and Sector are there. Will send me the suggestion to repair my hard disk. Deep

View more questions Search