Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMANESS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 06:37 PM
    How much does a infant child weigh after cremation?
    I'm writing a book and I need to know how much an infant boy would weigh after cremation?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jan 11, 2011, 01:57 AM

Depending on age , infants average 75% of their weight in water.
    Taking into consideration the other parts that would be vaporized (aprox. 5%) the remains would be 20% of the original wight.
    An 8 pound body would reduce to 1.6 pounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a high matabolism, and I weigh 79lbs and I'm supposed to weigh 103-123. Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 13 years old and weigh 79lbs and I'm supposed to weigh 103-123lbs. I also have a high matabolism, I have tried EVERYTHING I possibly can to gain weight from doing nothing as far as excersise goes, to eating ALL day and do nothing. What can I do to gain enough lbs to be 103-123lbs? Please...

In a classic study of infant attachment, Harlow (1959) placed infant monkeys in cages [ 2 Answers ]

In a classic study of infant attachment, Harlow (1959) placed infant monkeys in cages with two artificial surrogate mothers. One “mother” was made from bare wire mesh and contained a baby bottle from which the infants could feed. The other mother was made from soft terry cloth and did not provide...

Mother leaves infant with friend, grandfather has had the infant in his care for over [ 3 Answers ]

A mother leaves infant with friend, grandfather has been the primary care giver for over a month now. The mother was not providing adequate care to the infant, she was feeding the infant watered down formula and living in an automobile. The infant was neglected and malnurished. In the...

Custody of newborn / infant child [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I were to be married in December. She is pregnant 4 months, changed her mind and has left to be with her mom in Washington state. Her reasons were for lack of emotional support. She has also been on anti depressants mosy of her life which she stopped taking during her...

Cremation and what's required [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to two funeral parlors to prepay her own funeral. She was told That she needs special papers from the lawyer for cremation. I have cremation in my Will and apparently that's not enough. My partner doesn't even have cremation in her Will, it's just what she told me. Are...

View more questions Search