Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmeyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Changed bulb = no power?
    I was changing the bulb in our ceiling light/fan and the bulb came apart; at the same time, the other bulb went out. When we checked the fan, no power was getting to it, either. The circuit breaker is fine. Any suggestions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2011, 10:54 AM
    "no power getting to the fan" suggests a loose wire in the switch or supply circuit. How do you know the breaker works fine? When power goes out changing a bulb that has disconnected from the base, it usually means you pulled a wire loose or shorted a bulb wire and tripped the breaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

By how much overall has the purchasing power of your original EUR 50,000 changed? [ 1 Answers ]

You buy shares in a publicly traded company for EUR 50,000. You hold them for five years. Over the five years the EPS increases by an average of 5% per year, and the PE goes up 20%. You receive the following dividends End year 1 EUR 100 when inflation was 3% End year 2 EUR 150 when...

Upon installation of bulb, base of bulb burns and bulb never lights [ 1 Answers ]

Installed two new 3 bulb post lights on concrete entry piers, one bulb pops and burns the base immediately upon installation... I have checked the wiring and everything is wired correctly, I assume ths is a bad bulb socket and the fixture is defective, has anyone had this problem before?

Lipo charger changed from batt power to ac power [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im trying to get some information on wiring up a lipo batt charger to ac power. Just want to confirm if my diagram will work or if I need to do it diff way. Thanks http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8853/postingcopycu3.jpg

Changed bulb, now remote won't turn it off [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved into a home w/ Hampton Bay fan w/ light. Have a remote control, no pull chains. Replaced the bulbs last week, now the remote won't turn the light on and off as it did before the bulb blew. The LED lights up and remote works on the fan as it should. Any tips? I wrote down HB contact...

Changed outlets, now no power on one wall [ 1 Answers ]

I changed the outlets in my living room, one wall did not come back on. I then changed the breaker for that wall and still no luck. Any suggestions on trouble-shooting this problem?

View more questions Search